Bake With Them

Isabelle

"Sterling." I called out his name as I entered the penthouse.

I shut the door behind me as I looked around, trying to figure out exactly where he's at. After listening for a moment I can hear the shower in his bedroom turn off. I take a seat on the couch and patiently wait for him to finish up.

Normally I wouldn't have any problem going in there, but I know the odds of him keeping me busy for awhile are high. If I didn't have a schedule to keep it would be one thing but I have a commitment I need to keep.

I waited a few more minutes before Sterling walked into the living room. He put on a pair of black pants with a light blue button up shirt. I can tell his hair is still a little damp as I look at him. I bit my lower lip as I felt the desire pooling inside of me.

"I thought that was you." He smirked as he came over to where I sat on the couch.

My gray orbs met those icy blues. "I wanted to know if you had the afternoon free today."

"I do." He answered. "What do you have in mind?"

"Well, I'm going to pay a visit to the orphanage." I informed him. "I've been meaning to go but things have been busy since I decided to stay. I was wondering if you would come with me."

He pursed his lips together as he thought for a moment. "Sounds like fun. When are we going?"

"Soon I was hoping."

"Okay." He nodded. "Give me a minute and I'll be ready to go."

A small smile curved at my lips. "Sounds good."

Sterling took a few minutes to get things in order before leading the way out of the penthouse. We headed into the parking garage and got into the bright green Lamborghini. He started it up and drove out of the parking garage as he placed a hand gently on my thigh.

"Is there anything specific you're wanting to do at the orphanage?" He asked as he focused on the road ahead of him.

"Not really." I answered. "Just wanted to visit and help Mrs. Strahm and Emily out a little bit."

He nodded, his eyes remaining focused on the road. "Sounds good."

The orphanage came into view and Sterling pulled into the parking lot. We both got out of the car and began to head for the steps at the front of the building. As we ascended them, he took my hand in his and held it tightly.

We entered inside the building, Emily was the first to spot us. "Welcome back. It's a pleasure to have you both here."

"Happy to be here." Sterling grinned as he continued to hold my hand.

I looked around for a moment, usually Mrs. Strahm would be here to greet us as well unless she's busy with something. "Are the children outside playing?"

"No." Emily answered. "They're all in the art room."

"Thanks Emily." I shot her a small smile before leading the way to the art room.

As we got closer to the door I could hear the noise from the children on the other side. The moment the door opened the chatter filled the hall as Sterling and I stepped inside. When they heard the door shut, the children looked to see who had entered the room.

"Mrs. Strahm, Miss Isabelle is back!" A girl who I've come to know as Daisy smiled as she looked at me. "Can you talk to her now?"

Mrs. Strahm was clearly put on the spot as the other now looked at her with hopeful eyes. I'm not entirely sure what they're up to but as I watched the defeated breath leave Mrs. Strahm I knew I was about to find out.

"Yes." She answered, looking between all of the children. "Focus on finishing your projects for now."

"Okay." The children agreed in unison.

Mrs. Strahm worked her way over to Sterling and me, looking between the two of us. "Sterling, I'm surprised to see you here again. Welcome back."

"I had the afternoon free and Isabelle wanted me to join." He informed her politely. "Happy to be back."

Her eyes looked over to me. I could tell she wasn't quite sure about asking me whatever it is that children wanted her to.

"What is it Rebecca?" I asked with a raised brow.

She pursed her lips together as she looked back at the children, then back to me. "The children were asking me if you would bake with them. I told them I would ask, I was intending for it to be at a later time but they're a little excited about it."

"Oh." I was a little surprised that the children would be so intrigued by what I can do.

"You don't have to agree." She added, making sure I didn't feel obligated to agree to it. "They'll be perfectly fine if you don't want to."

"No." I smile. "I would love to bake with them. Maybe we can make a dessert that they can have after their dinner?"

Mrs. Strahm looked relieved that I was so willing to do this for them. "You are a saint Isabelle, I don't know what I would do without you."

A small chuckle escaped my lips. "Thank you. Now, if you can keep them busy with their art project Sterling and I can run to the store to get some things."

"Okay." Mrs. Strahm nodded.

She entered back into the room and I turned to Sterling. There was an amused expression on his face which caused my brows to furrow.

"What?"

"You're something else." He complimented me. "Always so willing to do things for others, especially if it makes them happy. It's one of my favorite things about you."

I raised a brow. "You have a list?"

"Of course." He wrapped an arm around my waist and began to lead the way towards the front of the orphanage. "You'll have to wait to know what they all are because this is not the time nor the place for me to begin to work myself up."

"I'll be holding to that." I smirked as we exited the orphanage and headed right for the car.

**Author's Note**

First off, I never intended to go an entire month without any updates, I'm so very sorry for that. It's just been a little hectic these last few weeks and those who talk with me regularly know my motivation to write has been lacking. I can assure you I have not forgotten or abandoned the story, it's just hard some times when my mental health hasn't been the best and I'm supposed to be working on happier chapters.

I want to thank all of you for your patience during the last month, you guys are the best readers I could ask for and I really don't deserve you. I also want to thank those of you who reached out on my social media and commented to check in on me, it really means alot.

I'm not going to promise daily updates right now, it's just not something I can hold myself to especially since we're nearing the end of the year which is busy for everyone. I will be doing my best to update when I can and if you guys can bear with me a little longer I will make it worth it!

Thank you all for your love and support, I'm glad to be able to update for you guys again.