You Know How She Is

Sterling

"Well, what do you think?" I asked Killian as I walked into the empty space for the bakery.

"Well, I think you brought me to an empty building." Killian began to look around. "Either you have a plan for this place, or your dad's finally sick of my shit and put out a hit."

"Killian, relax." I took a step towards him. "I'm pretty sure you'd be one of the last people on my dad's list."

Killian raised a brow. "So you admit, he does have a list?"

"No he doesn't." I rolled my eyes as an agitated breath escaped my lips. "Can we get to the reason I brought you here?"

"Of course." Killian looked around again. "What's the whole point of this?"

"A few years ago, before she left this was Isabelle's favorite bakery. It ended up closing before she came but no one's touched it." I began to explain my idea. "It's still perfectly set up for a bakery, so I want to give it to Isabelle and I'd like to do it soon."

"Damn, that's smooth." Killian responded. "How soon do you want to do it?"

"I don't know, soon soon I guess." I've seen how happy she is in the kitchen compared to her job as an assistant. This is where she belongs, not in some office serving someone else. "I was going to give it to her before all the shit with Elise went down, but that put a damper on things and the last thing I wanted her to think was this was bought in an attempt to win her back over when that's not that case."

"That makes sense." Killian walked around the space. "It's a great idea, she's going to fucking love it man."

I exhaled a low breath. "I really hope so, I just worry she might take it the wrong way."

"How?" He raised a brow.

"You know how she is." I acknowledged. "She's strong and very independent. She might take it as I don't think she's got what it takes for her to do it on her own."

"You have a point." Killian pursed his lips together. "The best you can do is make sure she knows that's not the case, you know do that whole communicating bullshit that chicks love."

He brought up a valid point, I just need to talk to her about it. Our communication has been a lot better since we've gotten back together. She should be willing to sit down and hear me out, I'll even make a whole day out of it by taking her to dinner and then showing it to her in private.

"You're right."

As annoying as Killian's habit of sleeping around can get, it has taught him alot about women. He's got a lot more experience than I do considering I've only ever loved Isabelle and Elise was the only one I've been with after her. So when he does have some advice, it is worth it to at least hear him out to some degree.

"Even if she does question why you bought this place, she'll still take the offer." He said as he looked over the building. "It may be to spite you a little bit to prove she's successful, but she'll end up taking it."

"Very true." I agreed with him.

One of the things I adore about Isabelle is that when she feels challenged she takes the opportunity to prove herself. I have no doubt that if she takes this place as an insult that she's going to make me eat my words in her eyes. Not that it's something she has to prove at all, I know she's going to be a success and she hasn't even stepped foot in the place.

God knows if I had it my way, she'll know that this place is only a gift that comes from only love. She's given me my dream by allowing me back in and being with me, I just want to make her dream come true too.

"So, I guess this means I'll be getting a new assistant then." He smirked and I could already tell what was on his mind.

"Don't." I warned him. "If you keep fucking all of the asssitants you get then my father really might want to kill you."

He shrugged in response. "I'm just living a little."

"Continue living a little, I dare you." I warned him. "My experience should be enough for you to realize my father will think ahead to put a stop to it."

He nodded as Eve came to his mind. "I will admit, he was very clever there."

"He's not a dumb man, he knows what he's doing." I continued making my points. "He's already done it by giving Isabelle the task, if she goes and he brings in another female that's probably going to be the last one before he starts sending guys for you."

Killian scrunched his face. "That's no fun."

"But it may be necessary." I spoke before reminding him of why I need him to not be obsessed with getting laid in the office. "Besides, I need your focus as we figure out what's going on with Mr. King. My father can only help so much due to the fact Kaydence will be ready to have Samuel soon."

"Right." Killian nodded. "What is the update on that?"

"My father and I have a video meeting set up with him in a few days." I informed him. "Hopefully that helps give us some intel, but I'm not holding my breath. I can tell he's a cunning man by the way he's been so careful about not allowing an ounce of dirt out on himself."

"Still haven't found much?"

"No." I shake my head.

I'm beginning to get frustrated, no matter how much my guys dig they keep hitting walls. The whole thing makes me more suspicious of him to be honest. No one has as clean of a record as he's trying to have, not unless they're hiding something and it's something big.

"Well, I'll help in any way that I can." Killian spoke as he stood in front of me. "Isabelle's like a sister to me, we'll take this guy out together if we need to."

"Thanks Killian." I responded.

"No problem." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "You know I've always got your back."

**Author's Note**

Hey guys! Thanks for your patience with updates, my priorities are shifting and this book happens to be one of them. I've been lacking and I feel like it's time to catch up, so there will be daily updates again as of today! This also includes updating on weekends!