Chapter 23: Union Secrets Revealed

(SCENE: UNION ACADEMY) (POV: Y/N KAHN)

Union Academy was so easy to sneak into, that's its not even funny. Instead, it's just pathetic. Just cast an illusion spell and you're entry is granted without question.

Hell, I walked passed several of my past tormentors and teachers & they didn't even bat an eye.

As for why I'm here, is because the last orbs are here in Union Academy. Apparently, the statue in the courtyard held the final orbs all this time.

 Apparently, the statue in the courtyard held the final orbs all this time

But in order to get the orbs, I have to disable my illusion spell. It's part of an ancient security system the Gods created to prevent people with illusions from getting the orbs.

So, I rid myself of the spell as I approached the statue. But suddenly, I sensed something heading towards me. I blocked the attack as I suddenly saw myself being surrounded by the entirety of Union.

"Well, Well, Well, look who came crawling back?" Asks the old wizard as he and the other Headmasters stepped forward from the crowd. "If you all think I'm here for whatever plot you all have, then forget it." I said.

"Y/n Kahn, we've tolerated your interference for long enough! Either surrender to us now & beg for forgiveness or suffer our wrath!" Sirzechs orders. "Please, I don't fear you, Devil." I said.

"Why can't you see the importance of the prophecy? This prophecy is everything to us!" Nezu says as I started laughing at this. "What's so funny, brat?!" Sirzechs demanded to know.

"Because I find it ironic, that you still follow that prophecy. Even after all you've done to it. And to everyone else." I said with a smirk on my face. This caused many of the students to become confused at this.

"Headmasters, what's he talking?" Asia asks. "Dear, Sweet Asia. I learned this piece of information from the Gods of my world. A prophecy that's perfectly completed fixes everything. Didn't they ever tell you all?" I revealed.

"Unfortunately, the last ones were just, well: a tiny bit off." I explained as I used my fingers to make a small/tiny gesture. "I mean, do you think Villains would still be a problem if the prophecy was completed? Or that the Grimms will still be living among us?" I asked.

This caused many of the students to start agreeing with what I'm saying. "And you all had to hide away in an Academy for several years to hide away your deception and lies. How did that work out for you?" I asked them tauntingly as they're visibly angry at this.

I then turned to the students as I start to reveal the truth. "In order for a prophecy to be completed, it required no mortal interference, for mortals cannot comprehend on its importance." I explained as many of the students started talking to themselves about this.

'It can't be true'

'But what if it is?'

'I don't know'

"And you all know what's the worst thing about this is?" I asked, grabbing everyone's attention. "The Headmasters knew of the consequences of this, but they continuously allowed young children to undertake this false title and let them March off to their deaths." I explained as this shocked everyone.

"Not only that, but they allowed evil to flourish and grow. They've been condemning innocent souls to torture and suffering." I said aloud.

But then, I noticed a News Helicopter flying overhead as I turn to it. "Do you all hear this at home? Union Academy have been sending children to their doom, thanks to them breaking the most sacred rule of the Gods. They've failed to live up to the Hero Name. They've failed the people they were suppose to be protecting. They've failed us all!" I exclaim for all to hear.

Everyone was at silence about this revelation. "Headmasters, is this true?" Ruby asks with tears getting extremely close to breaking.

Ozpin sighs in defeat. "It is as he says, Young Rose. But not as he believes." He says. "Yes, we did interfere with several prophecies, but it was for a good cause. We learned about another effect of the prophecy's completion. If the prophecy were to be completed, then the greatest mistake of the world would be erased: our powers. And since our society has been based around them, we cannot allow the prophecy to be the downfall of our entire lifestyle." Ozpin explains.

A few of the Union Forces seemed to understand this, but most of them can't bare to stand with Union anymore as they stood down. "What are you all doing?!?!? Attack!!!" Sirzechs orders.

"No. We refuse to follow your orders anymore." Ruby says as she and her Team left Union's side and joins mine. This caused a snowball effect as others followed Team RWBY's example and joined me.

"Traitors!!!!" Nezu exclaims in anger and betrayal. "You're the Traitors here, Headmasters." Velvet says. "Yes, we should never have trusted you or Union." Coco agrees.

"But we did it for you all!!!" Ozpin exclaims in frustration. "But if you all truly cared about us, then you should've let the prophecy be and allowed our powers to be erased." Ruby says. "Yeah! I mean, trading our powers for peace, that's a perfectly good trade." Yang says as the others that joined me nod their heads in agreement.

"ENOUGH OF THIS!!!!" Bakugo exclaims in anger and annoyance as he lets loose a powerful explosion. However, I used the Time Stone to freeze everyone that didn't joined me.

"Now then, where were we." I said as I turn my attention back to the statue. Tapping on the statue, the three figures started glowing as three flowing orbs emerged from the statues.

I take out the Chaos, Order and Edenian Kamidogus from my armor as the orbs went into the Kamidogus. I then placed the Kamidogus on my armor as I felt an incredible surge of energy coursing through me.

After getting a hold on this surge, I then turned to the group that defected to me. "Now then, let us head back." I said as I opened up a portal back to my base.

We walked through as, once we've arrived through the portal, I released everyone else from their time freeze.

(POV CHANGE: 3RD PERSON)

Once Y/n Kahn and the Union Defectors left, the Time Freeze worn off as everyone looked around frantically. "Where are those traitors?!" Ozpin demanded.

"Gone, along with that brat." Sirzechs says with scowl. "I think it's time we end this foolishness, once and for all." Nezu says as he motions for the other Headmasters to come closer.

Nezu then explains his plans to them as they all smirked at this. "That's perfect." Ozpin says. "Yes. He'll have no other choice but to do this if we present this to him." Sirzechs adds on.

"Then we need to prepare for the end game." Nezu says.

(Here's chapter 23 done. Next chapter will reveal what the Headmasters have planned.)