Chapter 19: Allegiance Change

(SCENE: ANCIENT ATLASIAN SHRINE) (POV: Y/N KAHN)

After Union, my attention was focused onto Atlas next. And Regis & our United forces to distract Atlas while I acquire the next 3 orbs.

I journeyed deep into the Atlasian landscape to find what I was looking for: an Ancient Temple, long thought forgotten. I was about to approach the shrine when I detect something.

"You all can come out. I know your there." I said aloud. Soon, Winter, the Ace Ops and Willow came out of hiding.

 Soon, Winter, the Ace Ops and Willow came out of hiding

"I'm surprised you're here, Ms Schnee. I thought you would be hiding in a fancy vault with all of your fortune." I say as Willow chuckles. "Please, what good is fortune if your country is built on slavery? I'm here because I want to make a change." She says as she steps forward.

"Even after what your family has done to innocent beings?" I asked in suspicion. Willow says nothing as she takes out a folded piece of paper and hands it to me. I unraveled the paper and, to my shock, is Willow's signed contract to donate her animals to private sanctuaries and have her zoo demolished.

"Why?" I asked her. "Because I went to the hospital to see Fria and I overheard your speeches. After sometime, I realized you were right: we were becoming like that worthless bastard who lives with us. I decided to take action. This is just the start. Soon, I'll need to reclaim the Schnee Company back from him. But I can't do it with just my Daughter and her Team." She explains as she gives me a pleading look.

"I know I don't deserve any help, after what my family before me have done. But know this: I'm through with letting corruption and greed poison Atlas. I can't do that without help and your army is strong enough to fix that." She explains as she grabs my hands. "So, can I please ask for your assistance?" She asks.

I take their words into careful consideration, since this could very well be a trap. But the fact Willow came to me, proves to me that she's ready to change her family's ways and wants to create a new future for everyone.

However, before I could say anything, I pushed Willow out of the way as I blocked an incoming Kunai. "We'll discuss plans later. But for now, we got more important matters to attend to." I said as I enter a combat stance, with Winter and the Ace Ops joining me.

"Come out from the shadows, Shinobis! I knew you've been following me!" I exclaimed. Soon, two women came out, though I was surprised to see them not in their uniforms.

 Soon, two women came out, though I was surprised to see them not in their uniforms