Chapter 10: Realization

(SCENE: UNION SLEEPING QUARTERS) (POV: KENDO)

Once the previous two matches ended, Cetrion announces that the next three victories may or may not determine the outcome of the Tournament and that the Tournament will resume tomorrow.

(A/N: Just for a quick update, the first match that Cetrion called out was between Yang and Sheeva. The result?

Yeah. Anyways, Yang is now in the medical facility, getting new arms installed. The next and last fight for that time was Weiss vs Frost. The match was close, but Frost managed to score a win.)

Now, me and the rest of Class 1B are going to bed. But we're kinda afraid to, because we keep on having these strange dreams that always involve a Manticore like creature.

And it's not just us, from what I heard: several other students in Union have been having the same problems as we have.

I hope these dreams end soon, because we can't stop thinking about that creature & it's messing us up in our lives. I wished my class good night as I drift off to sleep.

(SCENE CHANGE: SHARED DREAM) (POV CHANGE: 3RD PERSON)

Fire.

Chaos.

Death.

That's all that can be described about what's happening here. The entirety of Union City has been destroyed. What cause it? No one knows, but it was a being that had every power imaginable.

Suddenly, some rubble started shaking as several figures popped out from it. These figures are actually Class 1B.

When Class 1B immediately saw the damage and anarchy had came, they felt overwhelming fear and sadness at what happened.

"We failed." They said in unison as they drop to their knees and began crying.

This would've gone on for sometime, if they hadn't sense something or someone in front. Wiping away the tears, they looked up to see the front legs of the creature that has been tormenting them for so long: The Manticore.

The beast is truly a strange creature. While the head is that of a Lion, the front half of his that of a Bear while the lower half is similar to that of a Horse. On top of his head, a set of antlers that bares a resemblance to that of a Deer while a secondary pair of horns rests underneath the antlers as they resemble that of a Bull. He has the ears of a Canine, which could either be a Dog, a Fox or a Wolf. He also has long following whiskers that resembles that of a Chinese Dragon. Several dorsal spikes decorate his back as he has eight wings, four resembling a Bat's while the others resemble Owls. As for his tail, he has 9 of them, each of them originating from different creatures.

The Manticore gave them an emotionless stare as he lets out a low roar, ending it with a howl. The Manticore turns his attention back to Class 1B, but the Class turned around from the Manticore and gave him the cold shoulder.

The Manticore turned around, but gave them one last look before he takes his leave.

Class 1B then discovered a strange box near as they turn their attention to a large cliff. Suddenly, communication came in from Union as it reveals to be from the Headmasters.

"Everyone! Regroup at Union Academy! It's time to end this!" Ozpin orders.

Class 1B was about to follow along with that order, but they got an uneasy feeling in their stomechs as they began questioning themselves on what to do. Suddenly, something Y/n Kahn said came back into mind.

'We're not bound by the choices others make. Instead, we are free to make our own choices.'

Realizing this, Class 1B decides on what to do: they'll take the strange box on top of the cliff.

Strapping the box onto Jurota's back, Class 1B began the climb. As they climb, however, they got several calls from Union.

"Class 1B, get over here NOW!!!"
"Don't defy Union's orders!"
"SHITTY EXTRAS!!!!"
"The punishment will be severe if you continue."

The Class chose to ignore them as they continue climbing. Suddenly, the negative comments from Union began to be overshadowed by positive words.

"Come on, you're almost there!"
"Keep trying!"
"Don't look back!"
"You're almost there! You're almost there!"

Now empowered by positive reinforcement, Class 1B continues climbing until they reached the top. Suddenly, the people that gave them the positive reinforcement helped them up as they removed the box.

Class 1B have now seen what was inside the box: the broken pieces of Y/n Kahn's Infinity Stones and Kamidogus. They inserted the pieces into a device as it takes aim to the being that is destroying Union city.

With a single press of a button, the device fired at the being as it was completely destroyed.

Overjoyed at the being's destruction, everyone began cheering as the ones who built the device started thanking Class 1B. Feeling pride at getting praise for the first time in Union since.....ever.

However, things got cut short by a familiar presences that Class 1B knows well. Sighing out in irritation, Kendo was the first to speak. "Now what do you want?" She asked in annoyance.

"Only for your futures to be unraveled." Says a familiar voice that shocks Class 1B. They turned around to see Y/n Kahn standing before them.

"B-But how?" They asked. "The creature you and all others saw before was my Animality, the animal I am most inside. Though I can transform into this form at will, it's power can be drawn towards those who have lost their way in life." He explains.

Y/n Kahn then turns around and walks away, but is stopped by Class 1B. "But what should we do now?" Kendo asked as the Class asked similar questions.

Y/n Kahn, however, turns around and gave them a supportive smile. "The choice is not mine to make, but rather yours." He says as he transforms into his Manticore Form and flies off.

(SCENE CHANGE: UNION SLEEPING QUARTERS)

Class 1B wakes up from the dream as they see several others Union Students in the same situation.

(A/n: just in case anyone's wondering, here are the people that have this dream: Team Gessen, Team NDGO, Rookie 10 (excluding Kiba, Sasuke, Sakura and Neji), Seryu, Izuku and Momo.)

They then quietly exit the sleeping quarters.

(SCENE CHANGE: BALCONY)

The Union Students looked over a vast area of space like void as they pulled out their Union Academy certificates.

"So, what's next?" Izuku asked. "What we think is right." Kendo says with determination as she rips up her certificate and throws it out into the void. This caused the others to follow her example and did the same to their certificates.

However, unknowingly to them, Y/n Kahn was standing behind a nearby wall as he gave them a small smile. "Looks like the future of their world has grown better then ever." He says as he leaves them alone to find more about themselves.

(Here's chapter 10 done. The inspiration of this chapter came from Balto, where he mets a White Wolf, who is revealed in the sequel to be his Mother. And we also got a reveal of Y/n Kahn's Animality. Also, like as I said sometime ago, I'll publish another story as a way for me to make up for discontinuing the Ben 10/Miraculous Ladybug story. But enough about all that, next chapter will put an end to the Kaiken Tournament.)