Chapter 18: Deception

(SCENE: UNION ACADEMY) (POV: OZPIN)

Once the meeting ended, we began making plans on where to find that brat Y/n and make him see things our way. However, seems his new foreign technology makes it hard for us to track him.

But maybe we can track his unique energy signature?

But before I could speak that idea out loud, a nearby explosion caught our attention. "What was that?!" Sirzechs exclaims. "Maybe Young Bakugo?" Toshinori theorizes, but shook my head at this.

"Unlikely since he's still recovering from his battle with that half horse monstrosity." Nezu says as I scowled at this. "Then it might be Y/n." Najenda says.

I, however, took immediate action and hit the alarms.

(POV CHANGE: 3RD PERSON)

Everything was quiet in Union until the alarm went off. Everyone panicked until Ozpin's voice is heard through the announcement boxes. "Attention students, the Traitor, Y/n L/n, has returned to Union with the intention to destroy us! Defensive positions!" He explains.

Rage takes many as they wished for revenge against Y/n Kahn for killing people close to them. Others? Are a mixed bag. Half wants glory for his defeat, few wishes to grow stronger and many don't have much of a choice without looking like either a coward or a deserter.

When everyone got outside, they see someone with similarities to Y/n Kahn, with several differences. For starters, Y/n Kahn's armor is a combo of white, gold, black, this person's armor is grey, purple and red. And he lacks the Infinity Stones and Kamidogus on his armor while the cape has more of a torn design.

 And he lacks the Infinity Stones and Kamidogus on his armor while the cape has more of a torn design

"Y/n? You look different." Asia says in shock. "Well, I thought it was time for a wardrobe change." 'Y/n Kahn' says. "But enough of the commentaries. I came here with an offer." He says.

"What kind of an offer?" Sirzechs asks in suspicion. "A final battle. Winners take all and I'll accept any challengers, from Union to Atlas. It matters not. We can discuss the matters of prizes once the winner emerges victorious." 'Y/n Kahn' explains.

"Very well, we accept your deal. But know you've just signed away everything you owned." Ozpin arrogantly says. "We shall see. The battle will begin in an hour. Bring all kinds of challengers to me, you'll need it." He says with slight cockiness as he prepares to leaves.

Suddenly, he dodged out of the way from an attack as he turns to see Rias with an angry expression on her face. "You won't get away that easily, coward!" She exclaims as she prepares another blast.

'Y/n Kahn' merely shook his head as he brought out his 'Hammer'. When Rias fired the second blast, 'Y/n Kahn' smacked it away like a game of Baseball.

He then motioned them to come at him with his finger.

And this caused an epic battle to begin. However, this battle was being observed by two women. One has long white hair with a black streak while the other resembles a rabbit.

 One has long white hair with a black streak while the other resembles a rabbit

"Perfect

"Perfect. Those witless fools took the bait." Sindel says. "Indeed. Now they'll battle darling to end. Just like Y/n Kahn said they would." Kaguya says as she takes out a communicator.

"Y/n Kahn, the plan worked. Darling is distracting them." She says. 'Perfect. Now then, don't let anyone see you. Remember, the Ninjas know of Kaguya's existence and while they haven't met Sindel, she must've been mentioned by someone from my world to them. So, try to stay out of sight until I'm done.' Y/n Kahn says as he hung up on them.

(SCENE CHANGE: ANCIENT TEMPLE) (POV CHANGE: Y/N KAHN)

After hanging up on Kaguya, I resumed my attention to an ancient temple that resides in the Underworld. This was first of the four temples I needed to go to get the Essence of Kami.

Though I expected traps, this temple seems completely unguarded. But after careful examination, I discovered that the Devils must've taken the defenses to bolster their own.

Such fools.

I arrived to what seems like some sort of a sacrificial area. The stain of blood is faint, but noticeable. I approached an orb that rests on an Altar.

Once I touched the orb, I was immediately pelted with memories of horrible experiences. Shaking the memories out of my head, I immediately destroyed the orb with an energy blast.

'W-What kind of horribleness have the Devils committed?' I asked myself in my head. To take my mind off the horrors, I resumed my search for the Essence of Kami.

Eventually, I found the Essence of Kami in some sort of a Throne Room. It was resting on top of the Throne. I approached the Throne and carefully removed the Orbs. Once the Orbs are in my hands, I  was suddenly ambushed by some Rogue Devils.

"Give is the Essence of Kami, mortal!" Arrogantly demands one of the Rogue Devils. However, I say nothing as I erase them from history. "I don't have time for you." I say as I absorbed the Orbs through the Time, Space and Reality Stones.

It took much of my energy, but it worked. I can feel the power of life itself coursing through my body. Taking a moment to get a hold on the new powers, I regain my computer and footing as I contacted Sindel and Kaguya.

"Girls, I got the first 3 of the 12 Orbs. Next stop will be Atlas. Inform Regis Kahn." I said through the communicator 'Certainly.' Sindel says as I hung on.

(SCENE CHANGE: UNION) (POV CHANGE: 3RD PERSON)

Meanwhile, Union have suffered defeat at Regis Kahn's hands. Most of them have been rendered unconscious, while Y/n Kahn's friends have minimal injuries and minor bruises.

Suddenly, his helmet received a message from Sindel and Kaguya. 'Darling, We're calling you on this private message to tell you that Y/n Kahn obtained the first 3 Essence of Kami and is heading to Atlas next.' Kaguya explains.

Regis Kahn turns to the Union Forces. "I guess it's your lucky day, I'm needed in Atlas. So, you all will live to see another day." He says as he teleports elsewhere.

Ozpin picks himself up as he smirks arrogantly. "You foolish brat....you've just ruined your plans." He says as he already forgotten his idea about tracking Y/n Kahn with his unique energy signature and plans to join forces with Atlas to destroy Y/n Kahn.

(Here's chapter 18 done. Regis Khan belongs to WAMred ,So I hold no claim onto his character. Anyways, next chapter will feature Regis bodying Atlas and Y/n Kahn's Reunion with Winter & Ace Ops, along with meeting Willow.)