Chapter 6: Talk of the Gods

(SCENE: REALM OF THE GODS) (POV: 3RD PERSON)

All were calm and peaceful in the Realm of the Gods until bolts of Lighting broke the silence. Y/n Kahn and Raiden emerged from the lighting.

"Gods! We have arrived, per your orders!" Y/n Kahn announces. Suddenly, he someone tapping his shoulder. He turns around to be greeted with a kiss on the lips. At first he was surprised at this, but he eased up and sinked into it as he realizes who kissed him.

The mystery person broke off the kiss as said person reveals to be Cetrion, the Elder Goddess of Life and Virtue.

Y/n Kahn chuckles a bit as Cetrion wrapped her arms around his neck. "My hearts beats with joy whenever you're near, my handsome Kahn." She says lovingly. "And my heart too beats with joy when I come to see you, my beautiful flower." He said as they gave each other another kissing.

Suddenly, the other Elder Gods appeared before in their usual spiritual selves.

"Y/n Kahn, we're pleased you can arrive

"Y/n Kahn, we're pleased you can arrive." They said in unison. "Yeah, sorry I was late." He apologized. "No need for apologizes, Y/n Kahn. We saw what occurred in the Shokan Empire and we understand why you had to attend to their matters first." They explained as Cetrion and Y/n Kahn separated from each other.

"So, tell me: why have you summoned me?" He asked as the atmosphere becomes thick. Suddenly, a portal opened up as Uatu emerged from it.

"Uatu?!? But your kind aren't allowed to interfere with the lives of mortals

"Uatu?!? But your kind aren't allowed to interfere with the lives of mortals." Y/n Kahn says in shocked. "Indeed. But after being informed by the Gods about a threat, me and my fellow Watchers agreed that this'll be one of those extremely rare moments where we'll join alongside the mortals." He explains.

Y/n Kahn knew this is serious since if the Watchers are getting involved, then the threat must be great.

"This threat wouldn't have anything to do with my old world coming here, right?" He asked with suspicion as they, unfortunately, nod their heads. "Afraid so. The threat that looms ahead spawned from their world. It's a being created by General Ironwood, Danzo and Hanzo themselves, in their villainous way to bring the world to 'peace'. They fused all kinds of special abilities from their world into this being. All that's missing is a heart to withstand that power." The Gods explained as Y/n Kahn's eyes widened in fear.

"Onaga's." He said in a horrified realization. "But his heart is sealed away. The heavily fortified vault, the traps, the combined seals, UHH, the Guardians, no way anyone can steal that heart." Y/n Kahn explains as his voice express slight fear.

"Worry not, Y/n Kahn. Because we know how to stop this threat." Uatu says as Y/n Kahn turns to him with a questioning look. He then approached Y/n Kahn and placed his hand on his head.

Suddenly, Y/n Kahn saw several images flash before him. All looked familiar, yet not. And the areas these images were located at weren't any different either.

Soon, Uatu removed his hand from Y/n Kahn's head as the Kahn backed away in confusion and shocked. "What was that?" He asked.

"The way to stop this threat. All of the imagines you saw were key assets in preventing this threat. You must gather the assets the imagines showed you and use them to destroy the heart." The Gods explained.

Y/n Kahn, though feeling uneasy about returning to his old world, knew he has no other options. "Very well, I shall return. But, know Union and their allies will do everything in their power to stop me. Is their any way for me to prevent their interference?" He asked.

The Gods then undergone a rare telepathic conversation between each other. Soon, their telepathic meeting reached it's end. "We have come to an agreement. In order to prevent the forces of interfering with your quest, you have our full permission to invoke the Kaiken Tournament Contest." They explained as Raiden became shocked at this.

"A Kaiken Tournament? I haven't heard of that contest in over millennias." He spoke in a soft and shocked tone. Y/n Kahn, however, was utterly confused at what this Tournament is.

Thankfully, Uatu explains it to him. "The Kaiken Tournament is a off branched version of the Mortal Kombat Tournament. Instead of two realms fighting to either conquer or save their realms, the Kaiken Tournament can only be invoked if the being from another realm became a greater source of authority in a different realm and that said authority wishes to gain diplomatic immunity to all laws of their own world and preform whatever actions they want, with the exception of Merging Realms." He gave the rundown of the Kaiken Tournament.

Y/n Kahn, knowing this is the only option he has to complete this, turns to the Gods with a determined face. "Very well, I agree to the Tournament, but I would like to see the rules of this Contest." He says as the Gods summoned a glowing orb.

Said orb then floats towards Y/n Kahn as it reveals to be an ancient scroll. He grabbed the scrolls and unrolls it, revealing the rules to the Kaiken Tournament.

Rules of the Kaiken Tournament:

#1: Once a Kaiken Tournament is announced, it cannot be stopped or forfeited.

#2: The Tournament will take place in a special arena, so neither side can obtain an advantage.

#3: Super powers of any kind are either reduced or heightened in the arena, for a fair and honorable fight.

#4: Weapons are allowed, but Wielders of said weapons must be paired up with an opponent of weapon similarity.

#5: Any form of underhanded tactics and dirty play will result in immediate disqualification & swift punishment.

#6: Factions not aligned with either side can partake in the Tournament, but only in a substitute role.

#7: The number of Tournaments can range from either a single contest or multiple Tournaments.

#8: Fighters from both sides cannot attack each other until the Tournament begins. Doing so will result in harsh and cruel punishments.

Y/n Kahn memorized the rules in his head as he tucked the scroll away. "Thank you, now Raiden and I must return to the United Hall of Heroes to inform Union about our new arrangements." He thanked the Gods as he and Raiden were preparing to leave.

"Wait!" Cetrion cried out as Y/n Kahn turned to her. "I wish to aid you in this Tournament, so send me to your Kingdom and I shall gather your fighters." She explains.

Y/n Kahn said nothing as he turned to the Gods for authorization. They nod their heads in confirmation as Y/n Kahn turned back to Cetrion. "Very well." He says as he opened up a portal.

Cetrion, before leaving, have Y/n Kahn a quick kiss on the cheek as she left to assemble his fighters. A small smile appeared on his face as he and Raiden left for the UHH.

(Here's Chapter 6. The Kaiken Tournament is an idea I created just for this story. It was roughly a fusion of the Conqueror's Challenge from Ben 10 and the Mortal Kombat Tournament. I also tried to make this tournament as fair as possible for both sides, but I'm not the best when it comes to making rules. So anyways, next chapter might be a short chapter or not, so just a heads up.)