✾sᴜɴʀɪsᴇ✾

Start from the beginning

"Everything can only go down from here, and the war and everything. What if it all falls apart? Everything that we have now, what if it goes away?" I reiterated, my voice quiet as there was no need to talk loudly. The attacks on muggles and wizarding families were increasing, becoming more brutal and cruel. This dark wizard is rising more to power, more and more Slytherins have begun to speak of his ways.

He hummed, dragging me closer to him, as near as possible, lifting his head up to see the first sight of daylight starting to form. "I'm scared of what could happen, yes, but I know that we all have each other and if we stick together, we'll get through it. We will fight with everything we have and love"

"I suppose" I whispered, pondering over his words, gazing up at the sky at the sun beginning to rise, "James?"

"Elody?"

"Promise me you'll be here with me forever"

"I promise you, my Elody Hope Lupin that i'll be with you forever and ever, beyond the end of time" He declared, planting lots of small kisses in my hair, a giggle escaping my lips from his actions. He locked his pinky finger on mine, securing the promise. He was going to be with me forever and ever.

I craned my neck around to face him, my chocolate orbs meeting his pretty hazel ones. I observed them flicker down to my lips, his parting slightly, "And i'll love you forever" He said almost inaudibly, so much so that it could have been my imagination. My insides flipped from his words, causing me to feel fuzzy inside.

"I'll love you forever" I murmured, connecting my lips to his, feeling him instantly reciprocate it. Nothing else mattered in that moment, it was just us, James and Melody, the sun and the moon, surrounded by nothing else.

"I tried rearranging the alphabet, but for some reason, the letters U and I would never separate" He muttered when we detached our lips from each other and I swivelled my head back around, facing the view of the sun rise again.

I laughed softly, what an idiot. "You're so cheesy"

"I'm romantic, Lunes"

"Ah so romantic!" I sighed dreamily, placing my hand to my forehead pretending to faint, hearing his chuckles. "Are you a broom?
Because you've swept me off my feet"

"You must be tired from running through my mind all night"

"There must be something wrong with my eyes—I can't seem to take them off of you"

"If you let me borrow a kiss, I promise I'll give it right back" He returned, intertwining our fingers together for both of our hands, butterflies dancing in my stomach. Okay, he wins.

"You win this one"

"Of course I do, i'm the best, my love" He smirked, laughing when I squeezed his hands and rolled my eyes at him. Buffoon. "Mum sent you something again, it's in the dorm"

"I love your mum" I sighed, wanting to see the older woman more often than I do, after only seeing her in the holidays.

"You know what? Me too" He responded, his pitch a little higher than usual, "I do love the relationship you have with her, it's like my favourite two girls in the world are closer than anyone else"

"She's the best"

"Better than me?"

"Mhm" I nodded, laughing when he scoffed taking his arms off me. "Maybe your just a tiny bit better for doing things like this..."