✾ʙʟᴏᴏᴅʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇᴡᴏʟᴠᴇs✾

Start from the beginning

"No, Melody, are you in love with him?"

"I don't know Mia, i've never been in love before" I told her honestly, biting my lip and scanning over her face, "We've only been together weeks, it would be too soon wouldn't it?"

"Love knows no time. In some cases it takes longer to fall in love, you are getting to know the person when you are with them, learning to understand them more. In your case, you've known James for years and you were already close, think about it theres no rush" She responded, a small smile on her face, "I see the way he looks at you and I've heard him talk about you. I've never seen him like that before. Not even with the Lily girl"

I stayed silent, pondering on her words for a few moments. That was true, I already knew him in and out, he was the person I looked forward to seeing or went to if I was feeling down. He was the person who gave me butterflies all the time and made my cheeks tint with rosy red, the way no one else did. In love? Could I be in love with him?

"Let's pay for these and then we can head back and you can be with the boys, I've had you long enough"

"Are you trying to get rid of me Mia?!"

"No time with be enough for me, my dear. It's the complaining I will be having from all of them when we go back, about me stealing 'our girl' from them" She tutted, rolling her eyes playfully, the two of us going over to the counter. My eyes widened at all the items she placed down, I don't remember her picking up all that stuff. There was atleast two more dresses and five more tops and a jumper.

"When did you find all these?"

"When you were daydreaming about my son"

"Mia, this is too much, I-"

"Melody, i've told you about this before. Let me treat you, you are like my daughter I want to do this for you" She replied, my heart warming at the name. Her daughter, "In more ways than before, now" She muttered, handing a bag of galleons over to the woman at the desk, taking the shopping bags and exiting the shop with me.

•••

We flooed back to the manor, the green flames erupting in the fireplace, the two of us immediately spotting the boys rushing over to us, excitedly.

"You're back!"

"You've been gone ages...." James whined, coming towards me with a pout on his face.

"Fleamont, I thought you were going to entertain them" Mia voiced to her husband as he sat with his arms folded on the couch.

"I tried, apparently i'm not as good as Melody" He huffed, "They wouldn't even play quidditch for more than twenty minutes, just moping around waiting for Melody to come back"

"Oh don't feel too bad Monty, i'm just so loveable" I teased, being dragged away by the boys with the shopping bags in my hand.

"Don't let him see the dress, Melody!" Mia called out as I got carried up the stairs.

"Dress?! What dress?! Why can't I see the dress?" James rushed out, trying to take the bags out of my hands.

"You can't see it until Easter apparently" I told him, swatting his hands away when we entered my room, the other three boys collapsing on my bed.

"But we can see everything else, right?"

"A Melody fashion show"

"I mean I haven't seen half of them yet" I mumbled, looking down at the three bags on the floor. What if they didn't look good on me and Mia was wrong?