✾ᴄʀᴇsᴄᴇɴᴛ ᴍᴏᴏɴ✾

Start from the beginning

"I think so, thank you Mel. I don't know what i'd do without you" He whispered, kissing the top of my head, "Are you coming?"

"I'll go soon" I told him, "Night, Wormy. You know where to find me if you need me"

"Night, Luna. Don't stay up too late" He nodded, walking out of the room, back up to his bedroom hopefully to get some sleep. I stood up, pouring the rest of the water down the sink, leaning on my hands on the counters and staring out of the window at the moon and the stars again.

I felt arms wrap around me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder, kissing my cheek, "What are you still doing up?"

"What are you still doing up?"

"I asked you first" I mumbled, turning around to face him, the moonlight reflecting off his glasses, his hair as messy as always.

"I was already up, couldn't sleep and I didn't want to wake you. Wormy saw my light was on and told me you would be down here" He whispered, reaching down and wrapping my legs around his torso, walking us into the living room and placing us down on the couch. I cuddled into him, resting my head in the crook of his neck, his finger tips brushing up and down my back, "Why are you up?"

"I don't know, I talked to Wormy for a while but I sent him to bed when he felt better" I murmured, the warmth radiating off his chest onto mine. "I've never seen a full moon"

"What do you mean?" He muttered, closing his eyes briefly, feeling comforted and reassured by having me in his arms, just like I did.

"I don't remember what a full moon looks like and i'll never see one"

"Crescent moons are much prettier than full moons, like the ones in your eyes. Like a shimmering, golden smiley face, one that lights up the darkness in the sky and helping the stars to brighten up the world. An ethereal glow surrounding it, enhancing its beauty" He described quietly, my heart warming in my chest. He really liked the moon, he was really passionate about it.

"I wish I could see the beauty of it" I whispered, lifting my head up and resting my forehead against his, "You really really like the moon"

"I really really like you, Lunes. You're my little moon" He replied, his hot breath fanning over my face, butterflies in my stomach, "Go to sleep, love, I'm with you"

"Okay, night James" I murmured, pecking his lips before snuggling into his body again, my head in the crook of his neck. I closed my eyes, drifting off into sleep, feeling the most secure and protected i've ever felt.

James rested in the living room of his house with the girl cuddled on top of him, making him feel the warmest and safest he's ever felt in his life. She did that to him, it was only a feeling she could make him feel. He listened to her soft breaths as she fell into a deep slumber. He smiled to himself, resting his head on top of hers, closing his eyes and drifting off into his own sleep.

•••

"This has got to be one of the cutest things i've ever seen" Mia whispered out loud to no one in particular after walking down the stairs early the following morning, her heart leaping in her chest at the sight. She looked at her son and the girl she saw as a daughter, cuddled together on the couch, her head nestled into his neck, his face leaning towards her, holding her close to him, "Monty get the camera"

"Mia?" Monty mumbled, walking down the stairs into the living room, the camera in his hand, "Oh. Awh, that's sweet"

"I remember when we were like that, young love is the best" Mia reminisced, taking photographs of the pair whilst they were sleeping, ones to add to James' scrapbook.