lxi. the risky robbery

Start from the beginning

Hermione felt the same as Deanna though, feeling disgusted at what she drunk and how she looked right now. "She's disgusting. I know."

"I agree." Deanna smiled at her before finally standing up and taking Hermione's hand, just telling herself in her mind once that this was her Hermione and not Bellatrix. "Come on."

The two of them along with Griphook quietly went down to meet Harry and Ron in the garden. It was already 6 in the morning as they planned, and it was chilly and a little windy outside with the arrival of May. It was still dark out with the stars glimmering palely in the dark sky. As they finally went out and reached the garden, Harry and Ron couldn't hide their disgust and shivers at the sight of Hermione looking like Bellatrix.

The Granger could only agree with their reactions. "She tasted disgusting, worse than Gurdyroots! Okay, Ron, come here so I can do you..."

"Right, but remember, I don't like the beard too long."

"Oh, for heaven's sake, this isn't about looking handsome."

"It's not that, it gets in the way! But I liked my nose a bit shorter, try and do it the way you did last time."

Hermione sighed and set to work, muttering under her breath as she transformed various aspects of Ron's appearance. He had a fake identity so they were hoping that he and Hermione could play the part of a dangerous pair. Deanna, Harry and Griphook were to be hidden under the Invisibility Cloak.

"There," said Hermione, "how does he look, love, Harry?"

Deanna glanced at Ron and thought Hermione did a good job since he looked not like Ron at all with his thick brown beard and mustache, long and wavy hair and short broad nose.

"You did a good job, love." Deanna said and sent her two thumbs up while Hermione smiled at that compliment.

"Well, he's not my type, but he'll do," said Harry. "Shall we go, then?"

The four of them took one last glance at the Shell Cottage before they turned around and walked to the point where the Fidelius Charm stopped and they would be able to Disapparate.

Once past the gate, Griphook spoke. "I should climb up now, Harry Potter, I think?"

Harry bent down to let Griphook climb onto his back before turning to Deanna who got the Invisibility Cloak from Hermione. "Come on, Dee."

Deanna moved closer to them and threw the Cloak over themselves while Hermione bent down to check their feet. "Perfect. I can't see a thing. Let's go."

The Hufflepuff held onto Harry tight before concentrating on the Leaky Cauldron. They moved into the compressing darkness and seconds later, Deanna found herself standing on pavement and saw herself staring at Muggles all around them. They went into the nearly deserted Leaky Cauldron. Some warlocks at the corner drew back into the shadows at the sight of Hermione.

They go to Gringotts. Hermione is Bellatrix while Harry, Deanna and Griphook are invisible. They get Hufflepuff's cup, Griphook betrays and they escape on the dragon.

"Madam Lestrange," murmured Tom, and as Hermione paused he inclined his head subserviently.

"Good morning," said Hermione, and as they crept past, Deanna saw Tom look surprised.