lvii. the deathly hallows

Start from the beginning

Hermione just ignored him and looked straight at Harry. "We need to talk."

"What?" Harry said apprehensively.

"I want to go and see Xenophilius Lovegood."

Deanna, Harry and Ron stared at her in surprise, not expecting that.

"Sorry?" Harry asked.

"Xenophilius Lovegood. Luna's father. I want to go and talk to him!"

"Er — why?"

Hermione took a deep breath and said, "It's that mark, the mark in Beedle the Bard, Deanna's necklace. Look at this!" She opened the book and showed it to Deanna and Harry who leaned in and saw Dumbledore's letter to Grindelwald. Deanna just frowned upon seeing her father's letter. She knew he changed, but he was just as young as they were then...

"The signature," said Hermione. "Look at the signature, Deanna, Harry!"

Deanna's mouth opened slightly upon seeing the triangular mark like her necklace's. It was indeed Grindelwald's mark. "Er — what are you — ?" said Ron tentatively, but Hermione quelled him with a look and turned back to Deanna and Harry.

"It keeps cropping up, doesn't it?" Hermione said. "I know Viktor said it was Grindelwald's mark, but it was definitely on that old grave in Godric's Hollow, and the dates on the headstone were long before Grindelwald came along! And now this! Well, we can't ask Dumbledore or Grindelwald what it means — Deanna didn't get anything from him aside from that it symbolizes something powerful — but we can ask Mr. Lovegood. He was wearing the symbol at the wedding. I'm sure this is important!"

Deanna turned to Harry who was looking at her with worry. She knew he was worried of another dangerous journey just like Godric's Hollow. After a long pause he said, "Hermione, we don't need another Godric's Hollow. We talked ourselves into going there, and —"

"But it keeps appearing, Harry! Dumbledore left me The Tales of Beedle the Bard and Deanna the necklace, saying to follow the sign, how do you know we're not supposed to find out about the sign?"

"Here we go again!" Harry felt slightly exasperated. "We keep trying to convince ourselves Dumbledore left us secret signs and clues —"

"The Deluminator turned out to be pretty useful," piped up Ron. "I think Hermione's right, I think we ought to go and see Lovegood."

"And this is what he's been looking for, Harry." Deanna said with a gentle tone but there was a firmness underneath it, telling him there was no room for arguments. "I'm sure you can see he's been asking Gregorovitch and that vision of a young man taking something."

Harry was surprised at what Deanna said but remembered then that she and Voldemort too had a connection. He was still hesitant though. They lost his wand at Godric's Hollow and got only Rita Skeeter's damn book. Who's saying they won't lose anyone at the Lovegoods' House?

"It won't be like Godric's Hollow," Ron added, "Lovegood's on your side, Harry, The Quibbler's been for you all along, it keeps telling everyone they've got to help you!"

"I'm sure this is important!" said Hermione earnestly.

"But don't you think if it was, Dumbledore would have told us about it before he died?" asked Harry.