lv. onto the next journey

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for coming here and bringing light to us." Christian wiped away his tears and grinned at Deanna. "I wish you luck on your next journey, Deanna Dumbledore."

Deanna grinned back at him before turning to Grindelwald who was already crying. She wrapped her arms around the old man and let her tears fall freely. "I'll miss you two, Sir Gellert. Thank you..."

Those two words from Deanna expressed everything. Her gratitude for the truth, her forgiveness for what he had done and her hopes that they would meet again one day. His own tears falling, Grindelwald pulled back and wiped away Deanna's tears as he smiled softly at his former lover's daughter. "If only fate was kind to you, dear... Thank you too for everything, and I hope for your safe journey."

Deanna smiled at the two men and nodded. "Thank you..." She turned to Christian. "About my mother..."

"Yes, she's just there at the back of the castle." Christian gave one last sniff. "I'll lead you there and bring down the enchantments so you can Disapparate away."

Deanna nodded at him and turned to Grindelwald who smiled at her. "To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure, Deanna. Until next time."

"Until next time, Mister Gellert." Deanna smiled back at him and sent one last wave before she left the cell, following Christian down the stairs to say goodbye to her mother who she decided to visit on her final day.

Gellert Grindelwald let out one last sigh before he slid down the wall and held his head in his hands. His body was shaking and when he couldn't hold it in anymore. He let out a sob, followed by another. He tried to stay strong for Deanna because he knew it would be hard for her to handle the truth alone, but now that he was alone, he could finally show his weakness and just how much pain he had been feeling for Deanna. Grindelwald just made a wish then, something he had never done before, for the gods up there to have mercy and save Deanna from what was about to come.

Deanna, Christian and Fawkes finally arrived at the grave behind the castle, and Christian went to the side to give Deanna privacy with her mother. Kneeling down, she could see fresh flowers at the grave and made a new batch of flowers with her wand. She smiled softly and rubbed a thumb over the top of the grave, finally meeting her mother at last.

ISABELLA DIANA FRITZ

June 30, 1881 – November 13, 1928

Despite the burning fire, she did not falter and held her hand out.

"Hey, Mum." Deanna said softly. "I'm sorry it took me so long to visit you. I've always kept you in my heart even if I didn't know much about you. Thanks to Sir Gellert, I got to know more about you and I'm so proud to be your daughter. I hope you're proud of me too." She let out a sigh and smiled once more. "I love you, Mum. Stay with me. Always."

And with that, Deanna stood up and smiled at Christian who was waiting for her near the sea. "Ready, Deanna?"

"Yes, Sir." The two of them laughed while Christian raised his wand and started muttering some enchantments under his breath. He did that for a whole minute and then, there was like a change in the atmosphere, making Deanna realize he removed the charms for Apparition around the castle.

"Now, go quick. This will only last for a minute." Christian patted her on the shoulder. "Stay safe now, Deanna."

"Take care of yourself and Sir Gellert too, Christian. Until next time." With Fawkes flying above her, Deanna sent him one last smile before she clapped her hands around Fawkes's tail and the two of them Disapparated away from Nurmengard Castle.