lii. captain wolf

Start from the beginning

Deanna glanced at Fawkes for reassurance before she answered him. "We need to go to Austria. The Austrian Alps. Can you get us there?"

"Of course." Captain Wolf answered brightly and he stopped, showing off his boat proudly. It was obviously an old boat but it looked sturdy and fine so Deanna knew they'd be alright. "Welcome to the Big Boss. It'll take us a week at the least and maybe a month if the weather's bad, will that be alright?"

It was already September, and if took her another month to get there, it would be October already. She would be having 2 months without progress. It may have frustrated Deanna, but she had not choice right now. She nodded and smiled at Captain Wolf. "Please help me get there, Captain Wolf. It is a sturdy boat."

"It is my bebe, Gros Patron. Now, come on in, Deanna and let us sail into the unknown."

Captain Wolf led Deanna to the Big Boss where she observed the horizon with a smile on her face. She let Fawkes out of her cloak and let him rest on her shoulder while thinking of what was about to come. She may not know what Grindelwald might do to her or what he had, but she had trust in her father and that was enough for her.

"Into the unknown, indeed, Fawkesy."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"How'd you get here from London anyways?" Captain Wolf asked while steering the boat up front. They had just eaten dinner that Deanna had bought from one of the restaurants. Luckily, Captain Wolf had a whole supply of food in his cellar for the coming days. The two of them were currently talking to get to know each other more. "Did you run away and find yourself here?"

"No, it's just messy back in London." Deanna explained, feeling more comfortable now with the man after they got to know each other more. "How about you? How do you speak English so well?"

"I travelled around the world." Captain Wolf smiled softly at the memories. "I've always wanted to see the world for myself. My maman and papa died when I was 18, and I've been running away from the orphanages that time. That's when I met my mentor. He was from America and he saved me from the guards."

Deanna looked at him with confusion. "I thought you got caught by the guards."

"It was that time." Captain Wolf sighed and let the wheel go for a moment, sitting down and taking out the pocket watch in his coat. "He told them he was my father despite me being just a stranger to him. He took me around the world and gave me a new dream. Sir Logan."

Captain Wolf smiled at Deanna then. "That's why I saved you a while ago. I saw myself in you, and Sir Logan would have wanted me to do the same as he did to me then. You looked troubled and lost and just exhausted. I wanted to help, even for just a bit."

Deanna's tears came into her eyes at that. How did this stranger who seemed like he knew her already for a decade get everything right about her? She was troubled. She was lost. She was exhausted indeed. Why did she always have to run when all she wanted to do was to be with Hermione?

Captain Wolf was surprised by the sound of a sudden sob and he saw Deanna's body, shaking from trying to suppress her sobs. His eyes softened then, remembering how he too broke down into tears because he missed his parents and he was just so exhausted. He walked over to Deanna slowly and wrapped his arms around her, his own body shaking from how much she was doing so.