135: Promise? (3)

Start from the beginning

Next...

Ryukyu kept trying on clothes chosen by Neji, but while he kept his promise of not making her wear any revealing clothes, he did stretch the limits of his promise by making her wear tight clothes.

At last, she accepted one of his more uncomfortable suggestions. It wasn't that revealing, but still enough to make her feel embarrassed.

"Um, I don't think this is okay..." Ryukyu rubbed one of her arms with the other and avoided eye contact. "It feels empty on my shoulder blade... Almost as if I am naked."

Ryuko wore a soft black Bardot dress. Because of the shoulderless cloth, her breasts were visible from above and because the cloth hugged her waist tightly, her hourglass figure was also apparent.

"Naked? Pfft. Look at you now, so gorgeous." Neji whistled and leaned over her shoulder to look at her reflection in the mirror. "See? These are the clothes that suit a lady such as you."

"...Mhm." Ryukyu smiled. "Really?"

She felt his breath fall on her naked shoulders, feeling his hand slowly sliding by her waist as he stared at her eyes in the mirror.

"Do you think I am lying?" Neji's hand softly squeezed her waist as she blushed. "A lady should show off her beauty, not hide it under baggy clothes."

Ryukyu's breath grew hotter as she slowly turned her head to the right where Neji's face was resting on her shoulder.

Their eyes met and Neji immediately blushed and stepped back. "A-ah, s-sorry, I got too close in your comfort zone." He avoided eye contact and looked at the ceiling, rubbing his neck. "Um... don't tell Nejire about this, please?"

Ryuko returned to her senses and blinked before covering her mouth and giggling. 'So he has a cute side to him too...'

It's unbelievable to think this same guy "seduced" Rumi... But she doubted this reaction was an act, and if it really was, she should quit as a Hero.

Shaking her head, still laughing, she waved her hand. "I won't, no worries. Anyway, I think I have seen enough clothes. Let me wear a bit... covering one from the ones we bought, and then buy me some perfumes."

"Oh... sure." Neji coughed and nodded.

Then they started walking to look for a more covering cloth as Ryukoasked, "You must be popular with girls with all this fashion sense and cosmetic knowledge, hm?"

"Hm, well I guess~ But I don't like to talk to girls that much, except for my family and girlfriend, so these skills are useless. Oh, and Rumi too. We opened up quite a bit when she tried to keep me calm after I failed to save Todoroki."

That caused Ryuko to freeze for a moment, but it wasn't only because she was worried about his mental health.

She quickly wiped the shock away from her face, and asked, "That's right, Neji, are you doing okay these days? I heard from Momo that you're fine, but... are you really?"

Then the conversation started but Ryuko's mind was honestly somewhere else....

'...Could it be that Neji fell for Rumi when she tried to comfort him after the Hosu incident? Maybe Rumi mistook his next approaches as 'seduction' and therefore after a massive series of misunderstandings they did that unspeakable thing?'

Everything seemed to click in her mind, as if a mystery that was already solved before was now coming out with a new, more acceptable outcome.

As Neji explained his experience with Ida, from the corner of her eyes Ryukyu watched his innocent face with a guilty gaze.