Chapter 42: Wife

Just like that he left leaving me here in the cold weather of this city with these papers that hold so much of what could've been if I was born into a different life

Just like that he left leaving me here in the cold weather of this city with these papers that hold so much of what could've been if I was born into a different life. A life where my mother didn't sell me to one of the most powerful mafia. A life where I could've learnt what happiness looks like and feels like, just like that he signed away all of that. I knew I had to say all those things to make him do it but deep down I was looking for him to know that I didn't mean a thing. That all I wanted was to jump into his arms and stay with him forever but instead I turn around and walk to the car leaving.

Four months since that night, so much has changed. The hospital has opened and is running quite well I'm glad the lower class of this city are getting taken care by the best doctors. Luca, well what can I say he's back to being the playboy and cold Don of Italy. I try not to keep up with his life these days I truly don't want to see what I caused. Right now, I'm getting ready for a gala of my charity for runaway kids. This charity means the world to me and the kids at the facilities are amazing I try to visit as much as I can.

Tonight for the gala I went with a white dress, the dress has this glitter layer making it so beautiful right now at night

Tonight for the gala I went with a white dress, the dress has this glitter layer making it so beautiful right now at night. Tomorrow I have to go to Russia for the past months Viktor has arranged everything for me to get engaged with his son. Tomorrow will be the start to a chaos that has to end one way with Viktor 6 feet underground, dead.

As I enter, everyone stops and looks at me as I confidently walk pass them to the stage. "Hello everyone I'd like to thank everyone of you that has come to support this amazing charity .." I freeze as soon as I see him with his tux looking so sexy. "Anyways I hope you all enjoy the party and drink lots of champagne" I continue and everyone cheers. I go downstairs where Enzo is waiting for me looking well as always. I go to the bar to get a drink hopefully calming my nerves as of why he decided to show up now after 4 months.

"You look beautiful as always" Luca says behind me making goosebumps raise on my skin. I turn around and smirk "I'll let my stylist know that the dress was a success" and he chuckles. God how much i've missed that sexy chuckle. He looks different, stronger, sexier, but the look on his eyes is what worries me there is nothing. "Trust me it's not the dress" he smirks and asks for a drink for himself. "Well it was nice talking to you but i've got guests to entertain" I say putting down my glass ready to leave but he grabs my arm. "Let's go for a dance" he says and I try to get out of his hold but instead he tightens his hold. "Let me go" I say in a low voice since people are starting to stare. "No come dance" He says and I fake smile and follow him as he drags me across the floor.