Chapter 36: Before the storm hits

"All I ever wanted was to protect you!" He yells at me from across the table and everyone is silent

"All I ever wanted was to protect you!" He yells at me from across the table and everyone is silent. It always is before the storm hits.

"Ha please don't come here and try to be something you aren't" I yell back and we both look at each other with the same anger running through our blood.

2 days earlier..

"What's the problem now?" I asked already not in the mood for bad news. "There is no footage of this morning our tech guy has been on it for the past 40 minutes and nothing" Enzo says sitting down in front of me worried. "It's fine I already know this is the Russian's doing and there is no point in wasting his time" I say gathering some folders and standing up "Now take me to the hotel I need to see how it's going".

He soon called me to come down that the car was ready. I went to the hotel for the most part they are done they just need a few more decorations but it's looking pretty good. Now we are on our way back home. It's dead silent in here almost uncomfortably. "Are you still mad at me?" I say and he looks in the rearview mirror and says "I was never mad at you" I look at him through the mirror confused. "I was more mad at myself for thinking that we could ever be more-" and i cut him off "I think in another life we would've I mean I do love you I hope you know that but-"

"You aren't in love with me" he cuts me off and we look at each other again through the mirror but he looks back to the road when the light turns green. We get home and Luca is out he left me a note in the bed that he went with Dom to do some business but that he'd be here by dinner. He says it like I don't know anything about the mafia.

I was about to start getting ready when I got a phone call from an unknown number. Ugh these Russians again.

"I swear when I see you i'm going to blow-" I don't get to finish when my brother cuts me off "Hey chill hermanita it's Santiago". Well this is embarrassing
"Oh sorry it's been a stressful day" I say laughing and he laughs "Yea I can tell. Well I'm calling you because tomorrow is my birthday and I would love for you to come. I know we haven't had much time to get to know each other and you might not-" he starts to mumble a lot getting nervous but I cut him off "I'll be there don't worry and damn I never took you for a Sagittarius" and he chuckles "And I never took you for someone who knows about zodiac signs" and I laugh. "I don't I just know the dates" he laughs "Okay bueno chao nos vemos mañana" he says excited (Okay good, bye see you tomorrow) "chao" I say and hang up.

I quickly got up to get ready I took a shower then did my makeup letting my hair dry. I straighten it and I decided to wear a short dress with a very open chest area knowing it will drive Luca crazy since he's a boob guy. Well I think he is I don't know i'll ask him during dinner.