133: Promise? (1)

Start from the beginning

—★—

Pro Heros and their Agencies don't usually have Sunday as their holiday. After all, if all heroes took a day off on Sunday, the crime rate would always spike up on that particular day.

Which is why the Hero Association chooses a holiday for all the heroes when they make an Agency. A hero's holiday is calculated based on the holiday of the other heroes present in their particular city.

Ryuko Tatsuma, also known as the Dragon Hero Ryukyu, was lucky enough to get her holiday on Sunday.

Today was exactly that Sunday and like usual Sundays, she was supposed to laze around and watch a few TV shows. But things don't always go according to plan. Just last Friday, Nejire Hado, one of Ryuko's sidekicks, picked on her quite a bit about her perfume, haircut and clothes outside work.

"Shame, shame! This is why you've been single for the last two years!" That's what Nejire said, which stung Ryuko's pride as a woman.

The truth was, she liked her hairstyle a lot. Even though it gave out the 'timid-girl' vibe when she didn't wear her head-gear. But she couldn't refute the girl's other claims. Her clothes and perfume were indeed outdated.

She couldn't even remember the last time she bought new clothes, which was why the clothes she had currently would be called 'old-fashioned' in this society where style changes every few months.

And about her perfume... she didn't even want to talk about it. She's been buying the same brand for the last six years.

So, today, at Nejire's recommendation, she came to [Hado Fabrics].

One of the biggest textile and fashion brands in the whole world, which had its HQ in the highest skyscraper in Chiba city,

The skyscraper was a huge 101-story building and from what Ryukyu heard, there was everything in this building, not just clothing shops. So she could buy both her perfume and clothes from right here.

After parking her car, she took the lift to first buy her clothes. She picked a random floor, the number-33, and went up the elevator.

~Cling~

The elevator opened and she slowly stepped out, taking a deep breath in of the cool and fresh smell of the floor.

There were clothes everywhere in front of her and certainly, to maintain all that, keeping the environment good was a must.

Ryukyu walked a few rays of clothes... before she froze.

"Hey~ you should have told me you were coming! I would have organised some for you." A beautiful woman said, hugging the shoulders of a boy.

Ryukyu noticed her hair was the same shape as Nejire's, though the colour was a bit deeper blueish. Ryukyu recognised her immediately.

'That's Nejire's mother...'

The last time they met, her hair was straight, but she still recognised her because of the iconic shape her hair currently took.

Normally, Ryukyu would have gone and said hi, but... there was another person with Nejire's mother. Her son, Neji Hado.

'Ugh... I had to get on this floor, didn't I?'

She sighed but didn't think much of it. She will simply take the elevator up another floor.

And, she was about to do so, but right then...

"Wait... Hey, isn't that Ryukyu?!"

Ryuko sighed and held back from face-palming herself as she heard Neji's voice from behind her.