My lips part but I don't say anything, I don't know what to even say.

He stands in front of me now. "What are you doing here?" Before I can reply he looks behind me and figures out I walked all the way here. "Did-did you walk all the way here?"

Finally, a question I know how to answer. "Yeah."

He looks at me like I'm crazy. "What? Why?"

"I didn't have a ride."

He shakes his head. "No, I mean why would you leave prom?"

"To find you," I say. For some reason, I'm starting to tear up but not noticeably.

His eyes bore into mine and it looks like he doesn't know what to say or ask.

"I thought you said you weren't going to come," I tell him.

He looks away for a moment. "I wasn't."

"Then why did you?"

I knew why. Harrison had told me but I wanted to hear him say it.

He goes to say something but then just shrugs and says, "it doesn't matter anymore."

My stomach turns and I wonder why he's not telling me or why he changed his mind.

"Why did you leave?" I ask.

He looks down and kicks a pebble softly. "Guess I just wasn't in the party mood anymore."

He's lying.

"Tom," I say and he looks at me again reading my expression. "Harrison told me."

"Oh." He looks caught for a second until he doesn't. "Well, it doesn't matter."

"It matters to me." I scoff. "Why did you leave and stop looking for me?"

He leans against the car. "I realized it was a mistake."

I don't know what to say. The tears come out now sliding down my face and I don't even bother to wipe it off.

I know he knows I'm crying but I don't know if he cares about it or not. Then he turns his back towards me and gazed out at the view.

"Go home y/n."

"No." I sniffle.

And though he can't see it I shake my head and wipe my tears away. "No," I say more firmly, "I am not giving up on us again. If you want to, then fine." My voice slightly breaks and he turns around, his face unreadable and not only because it was dark. "But I love you far too much to pretend like I don't."

When my tears finally go away enough for me to see clearly I see that his face is just as wet with tears as mine. He doesn't say anything but walks closer to me.

He cups my face in his hand and wipes my tears away. He just stares into my eyes before looking at my lips as if asking for permission.

He leans in so slowly that it feels like a century has passed. Eventually, our lips touch and the kiss is slow and passionate. My heart explodes like it does whenever he touches me.

When I pull apart it's because I want him to say something instead of kissing me.

My eyes dart back and forth between his until he finally does say something.

"I love you more than I've loved anyone else and I'm sorry." He pulls me into a hug. "I'm sorry for everything, for taking the bet, making you think I never cared about you, I'm sorry for all of it y/n. You didn't deserve any of that."

He pulls away and I start to tear up again from his words.

"You changed me to be better y/n. I'm nothing like the dumb little boy who took that bet months ago."

I smile and wipe away the tears on his face.

Even after I think he's done, he goes on. "Taking that bet was a mistake, but it was the best mistake I've made because it led me to you."

I kiss him this time to shut him up so I don't keep crying. It isn't slow like the one we just had moments ago.

His hands snake around my waist trying to pull me closer than I already was while my hands work to leave a tangled mess in his hair. He pushes me against his car, pinning me. His hands go down to my thighs and lift me, my legs clasping around him. He holds me up and opens the car door, carefully getting me inside.

Our lips separate for a moment and then closes the door behind him and his lips are back on mine. Quickly, he unzips my dress from the back and it slides off.

It starts to rain and the sound blocks out everything going on outside. The dark swallows us whole and closes us off from the rest of the world. He retraces the places his lips had visited only a few weeks ago.

_____________

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! The next chapter is most likely going to be the last :(( I started this story so long ago and I didn't think it'd get the attention it has now and I have you all to thank for that <3
Also check out 3DINNERS
Again thank you for reading and take care :)