Chapter 181: Extra Two - Shen Yi and Su Qing

Near the end of the new year, many company employees asked for leave to return to their hometowns in advance. It was the same for the screenwriting industry. There weren’t many people who clocked in and went to work every day. Su Qing walked out of the office and there were only a few people left in the previously bustling company. Of course, they didn’t seem to be working seriously. One person had turned around the computer screen to play video games and even forgot to turn off the sound.

Su Qing walked over, coughed and knocked on the table to remind him. The young screenwriter looked up and saw that it was his boss. He didn’t show any nervousness at all about being caught. He just pretended to be stupid and smiled, “Su Su, are you done?” Everyone else also pretended to be serious. In fact, they all knew that Su Qing was the most approachable person and cared for everyone. It was such a time when the work was almost done so he wouldn’t embarrass them.

Su Qing tried his best to make his expression sullen. “Too impudent. Did you call me Su Su?”

The man laughed and apologized. “Boss, I was wrong.”

“Boss, we were wrong!”

Su Qing felt helpless. He had long recognized that he was a person others didn’t fear at all. It seemed that everyone knew he was just a paper tiger. “Remember it later.”

Someone cajoled him at the right time. “Boss is beautiful, boss is gentle and virtuous and will make money. My dream is to marry the boss!”

“This coarse man is talking nonsense!” The female colleague on the side laughed and scolded.

Su Qing felt that he had been treated kindly by the world. The entire company knew about his sexuality but no one looked down on him. They knew he was alone so they took care of him and helped him.

He smiled slightly. It was a busy life with a strong human touch. He was satisfied as long as… he didn’t think of that man, the first person to call him Su Su. It had been a long time, too long to remember.

Su Qing was a bit absent-minded. Then he recovered and told them, “Go back when you’re done.”

“Yes!”

As the people behind him cheered, Su Qing walked to the door and saw that the thick calendar had been torn to the point of thinness. There were only a few sheets left and there was an inexplicable tug on his heart.

One calendar after another. It had been so long. It had been 520 days. He remembered clearly. He tried to smile as he looked at the few pages remaining. He found that the last few pages were filled with the wishes of the employees for the coming year.

“Next year’s scripts will sell big and I will become rich!”

“Buy a house and get married!”

“I want to go on vacation! I have to work hard to earn money!”

……

Su Qing’s fingers were a bit stiff as he put down the calendar and lowered his eyes. He seemed… to have no wish.

Fortunately, even if there were no wishes, the days would keep passing. He didn’t spend the days like he didn’t see them. He just felt that the days were like melon seeds, tasteless and trivial. He looked at the mess and felt a sense of melancholy. It was really artificial.

Su Qing shook his head in the darkness and smiled at himself.

The employees finished packing their things and left one by one. One of them noticed that Su Qing was standing still. He took a closer look and smiled. “Boss, do you want to write something as well?”