Chapter 172: Tarot Game (22)

From almost the beginning of the instance, all the actors knew that there were many tarot cards hidden in the movie apart from the 56 minor arcana cards. Xie Chi kept wondering how many tarot cards there really were in this movie.

The emergence of the tarot cards kept expanding this number. As of the time when the hermit mentioned the Devil card, 15 major arcana cards had appeared in the instance. There were nine identity cards, one Hermit card to help the players, the three cards of the Tower, the Devil and Death to help the wizard and two astronomical cards.

For the major arcana, there were 22 cards in total and the remaining cards appeared less and less over time. There were only seven left.

Previously, Xie Chi had talked about the classification of the tarot cards with Ren Ze and Ye Xiaoxiao. Among the seven cards that hadn’t appeared, there happened to be four abstract cards that he divided into one category. They were the Chariot, Strength, Justice, Temperance and the celestial Sun card. This meant the more complicated ones were the Judgement and World cards.

If he were bold, he would answer the question of ‘how many tarot cards are in the movie?’ with 21 or 22. This meant that all major arcana cards existed and everything had an answer. The remaining seven tarot cards existed but were still hidden in the instance. It just so happened that there were four grooves on the stone door. The moment the number four appeared, Xie Chi had a faint premonition in his heart.

Over time, this hunch grew stronger and stronger.

The support of the wizard who chose to reincarnate was the Tower card, the Death card and the Devil card. The goal was to collect sacrifices. It was already known that the power on the player side was the Hermit card. Then they should also have a goal.

Finding the four hidden abstract tarot cards and opening the stone door seemed close to the game goal that hadn’t been found by the players.

Once the wizard reached the goal of the game and killed all the sacrifices, he could win the game and be successfully reincarnated. Using an analogy, the players had to find the Chariot, Strength, Justice and Temperance cards to open the stone door. Then they would be successful in the final judgement and find the so-called World card. The World card meant a successful and perfect end.

This was a complete game. It was just that all the rules of the game were hidden. It just so happened that the choice of reincarnating represented evil, killing, sin and selfishness. This was the road to death, harming others out of self-interest. It stood on the back of the Justice card and was favored by the three negative cards, the Tower, Death and the Devil.

This road was based on the death of players. The successful one would replace the wizard and become the new tarot wizard. They would get rid of the identity of the living dead, gain a new life, regain the identity of an actor and leave the movie smoothly.

However, this road was dark and narrow. Only one person could gain victory because in the tarot reincarnation method, there could only be one successful reincarnation. During the trial, the other actors would be the petri dishes for their reincarnation energy source.

The other path was full of vitality. It was possible to achieve a win-win situation. As long as people voluntarily die, they would have four qualities at the same time.

The willpower represented by the Chariot and the strength of the Strength card were the easiest to find. Meanwhile, the Justice card required the actor to give up on reincarnation. The most difficult one was the Temperance card.

Since only one person could walk on the path of life, it wanted this one person to have the qualities represented by four cards at the same time. The extra players who became the living dead had no way to go and could only choose the path of reincarnation where many people could walk. This path was too narrow and it was destined that only one person could win. The players who lost would stay in the instance forever after the game was over.