Chapter 69: 1552 Haunted House (1)

Early the next morning, Xie Chi received an item from the app. The app explained that it was sent to him as a reward for the short movie Hide and Seek. The formalities had just been finished.

Xie Chi remembered there were no items for Horror Skewers since the program group was so stingy. Even if the difficulty was unbalanced, they only compensated each actor with 20 points. Xie Chi always felt that this unexpected reward had little to do with Horror Skewers and might have a hidden secret.

Xie Chi looked at the dagger that was currently on the desk. Xie Chi didn't know if he should call it a dagger or a knife. It had the length and appearance of a dagger but the blade was curved like a silver-black crescent.

Light shone on the dagger and the blade was so chilling that Xie Chi felt a pain on his skin despite being 30 or 40 metres away. There was a faint black air around the blade like fog. It sometimes spread and sometimes converged. It was like a mussel opening and closing. There was a type of mysterious and evil vitality.

The blade was very exquisite. The tip of the blade could cut iron like it was mud and the handle was engraved with a black dragon or snake. It looked simple, elegant and noble.

The app sent a message in a timely manner.

[This item is special and isn't bound. It can only be used after a master is recognized.]

[Item Introduction: This item is called Evil Spirit Blade and is produced from the western evil spirit movie of the same name, Evil Spirit Blade.

The plot outline of the movie Evil Spirit Blade: A collector bought an inconspicuous dagger on the black market but the people around him were injured or dead. The collector finally discovered the truth after many investigations. This dagger has an evil spirit in it. This dagger originally belonged to a murderer and the murderer used it to kill countless people. After he died, his soul possessed it and coexisted with the dagger. Those who are weak in mind will be possessed by the evil spirit and commit sins. Those who are firm in mind but weak in spirit will be bitten by the evil spirit and injured. The collector finally sent it to the church to save himself.]

[Do you want to try being recognized as the master?]

[Warning: If you aren't determined enough and end up possessed by the evil spirit, you will be regarded as dead.]

[This item is demonic. Only those who have the same or heavier evil spirit can control it.]

Xie Chi frowned and was even more certain this wasn't from Horror Skewers. The conditions for the item were so harsh that it was impossible for it to be a bonus. This dagger definitely had a great background.

Even so, it didn't matter to Xie Chi and he directly reached for the dagger. The black air around the dagger felt the intrusion and immediately became manic and ferocious. The black air condensed and took the shape of a dragon or snake. In the illusory fog, the snake-like head was aimed at Xie Chi's hand, ready to attack him at any time.

The closer Xie Chi got, the more intense the pain of the cut and the more extreme the cold. The cold sensation made his fingers stiff and the sharpness was like cutting through white tofu.

Sweat oozed on his forehead and a deep cut appeared on the centre of his palm. The opening was originally white but the next second, blood flowed, trickling down and staining the tabletop. At the same time, the snake-like black energy seemed to lick the blood and the black energy grew stronger with the help of the blood. The evil was more arrogant than ever.

The cut on his hand was still widening. Xie Chi knew he couldn't do it and spoke maliciously. "Brother, it is bullying me."

A few seconds later, Xie Chi's slender fingers relaxed and his eyes became sharp. The Evil Spirit Blade seemed to have met its nemesis and the black energy trembled a few times. It seemed to be angry and started to open its teeth and claws.