Chapter 62.2

"Hmm?" Xie Xinglan's heart tightened.

Xie Chi's words were extremely cautious. "She is like a 'person' who is 'playing' a ghost in the hide and seek game. In fact, putting aside the strong ghost in the mirror, the game between us and the weak ghost is no different from most hide and seek games in the real world. Several people play those hiding and one plays the ghost. They have the same strength or aren't far from each other. They have no special ability and will make noise when moving. It is just that our game location is in the glass maze."

Xie Xinglan frowned at these words.

Ghost identity...

Xie Chi felt that he was close to seeing something very important.

The mirror showed that the weak ghost had stood up and was starting a new round of pursuit. Xie Xinglan had chased after the female ghost so at this moment, he wasn't far from the weak ghost. Now the footsteps of the weak ghost were gradually approaching.

Xie Xinglan declared, "She can't threaten me anymore."

"I know."

Their greatest danger was the strong ghost in the mirror. Even with predicting the abilities and limitations of the strong ghost, it didn't change the fact that the strong ghost was very threatening. Meanwhile, the weak ghost could no longer pose a threat to them.

The weak ghost's footsteps were becoming louder and louder. Xie Xinglan knew the map of the maze and wondered, "She is still a road away from us. Should we stay far away from her?"

Xie Chi hesitated on an issue for the first time. Should they follow the rules and stay away from the weak ghost?

In terms of the rules, if they clapped their hands to contain the strong ghost then the weak ghost would chase after the sound, causing them trouble. They should naturally stay as far away from the weak ghost as possible. This would reduce the difficulty of escaping. After all, they needed to deal with the strong ghost and the pressure was already great. It was too unfavourable to be distracted by the weak ghost chasing them.

However, somehow, his heart was faintly uneasy. His ominous hunch was gradually rising.

"We shouldn't be too far away from her but we also shouldn't be too close." Xie Chi could only choose a conservative answer in the end. He couldn't make any extreme decisions before new clues appeared. This was likely to make the ending irreversible.

"Okay." Xie Xinglan didn't say much. He didn't even move in place. He just deliberately adjusted his standing angle to make his own mirror image look far away. The weak ghost was smoothly deceived and passed by them on the opposite road. Xie Xinglan was almost right under her nose but she went straight past them.

This was Xie Chi's first contact with the weak ghost.

The weak ghost's skin was very white but it wasn't as pale as a ghost. She was indeed wearing a white dress but there was no blood on it. Her long black hair covered her face but the hair wasn't wet. She was indeed too human-like. The only thing that wasn't like a human was... the scissors in her hand.

The scissors were red all over. It was a dazzling red that was like blood. The blade was silvery and sharp, like a murder weapon that had been stained with many people's blood. It made people think of the sleeping beauty in the story who fell asleep after touching the spindle. It seemed that as long as someone touched the evil spindle, they would fall into a vicious curse, unable to escape and lost in the nightmare.

It was just like the mirror maze itself. The weak ghost was looking for them the entire time. Even though she was a ghost and familiar with the map, she still couldn't find her prey. She still got lost, wandering around endlessly. It seemed that the hide and seek game was also a nightmare for the weak ghost chasing her prey.