Chapter 178: God

Yan Jing ran over right away when he saw that Xie Chi was awake. He crouched by the sofa and asked questions like an old mother.

“I’m fine,” Xie Chi soothed him.

Li Hao followed and froze in place when he saw Xie Chi on the sofa. Xie Chi still had that gentle and familiar face but he gave off a different feeling. It was a subtle, indescribable change that made people’s hearts beat wildly with shock.

Yan Jing couldn’t feel it due to his worry but Li Hao’s expression was a bit frightened. The person on the sofa was sitting in a leisurely position, staring up at him blankly with a faint light flashing in his dark eyes.

“Who… who are you?” Li Hao questioned with difficulty.

Xie Chi was slightly surprised. He recognized Li Hao, who was Shen Yi’s good friend and later besieged Shen Yi with Jiang Shuo. Li Hao contributed a lot to Shen Yi’s death. Li Hao was alive because he left the Pet organization before Xie Chi fulfilled Shen Yi’s wish. After all, Shen Yi’s wish was just to destroy the Pet organization. If Li Hao was separated from the Pet organization then he naturally wouldn’t be destroyed.

Xie Chi didn’t bother to take care of him. This would be left to Shen Yi to deal with in the future.

Seeing the speechless Xie Chi, the always calm Li Hao actually lost his temper a bit and raised his voice to ask, “Who are you?!”

The moment Ren Ze came in, he saw Li Hao yelling at Xie Chi and was angry. He was about to push this person out when Xie Chi gave Ren Ze a look and signaled for him to do nothing. Then he cocked his head and smiled at Li Hao, tone plain. “I am Xie Chi.”

Li Hao shook his head. There was thick darkness in his eyes like he was caught in a nightmare. “No… you are… you are the descendant of the demigod. The demigod genes successfully returned to their ancestor and gave rise to the demigod lineage with abilities, right? Right…”

Li Hao finally remembered clearly… this was the aura of the demigod. Previously, Jiang Shuo had summoned an illusion of the demigod and this left an impression on Li Hao. Now he was feeling the same aura from Xie Chi’s body. This made him unable to calm down.

Ren Ze and Yan Jing glanced at each other as they finally discovered the subtle differences in Xie Chi.

Xie Chi smiled happily. “Yes, your words are right.”

Xie Chi knew very well that he wasn’t Si Nian. He was Xie Chi. He had just been worrying about how to explain the change in himself to the outside world when Li Hao handed it to him. He had to thank Li Hao.

Yan Jing and Ren Ze couldn’t believe their ears for a moment. The demigod genes returning to their ancestor? So Xie Chi?!

“I am now the agent of the demigod’s descendant?” Yan Jing gulped and looked blank. Happiness came too soon.

Xie Chi frowned at Li Hao. “You can go now.”

The words strongly implied that he wanted to drive out the guest. Li Hao immediately sobered up. He wanted to speak but his eyes swept over Ren Ze and Yan Jing and he stopped. Ren Ze immediately dragged out the giggling Yan Jing.

“Go ahead.” Xie Chi turned around and poured a glass of water.

Li Hao declared, “I want to resurrect Shen Yi.”

Xie Chi was taken aback. Then he found it really interesting. “Are you sure you didn’t say it incorrectly? It is Shen Yi you want to resurrect, not Jiang Shuo?”

“Yes,” Li Hao answered. “I don’t owe Jiang Shuo anything. He created me and I have worked for him for many years. His current ending is his own fault. However, I owe Shen Yi.”