Chapter 99: Living Hell (1)

Yan Jing signed him up. That night, Xie Chi received a message from Ren Ze.

Ren Ze: I heard from my agent that you are going to that orange movie?

Xie Chi was taken aback before replying casually: Yes.

Ren Ze: Don't get me wrong. It isn't that I'm paying attention to you. It is that everyone is staring at you and talking about you. I...I didn't intend to hear it.

Xie Chi: ...En.

Ren Ze: I hired my agent with points. He is a senior agent and knows a lot of information. I asked and there are two types of orange movie conditions. One is to gain 3,000 points and the other is more special. It isn't 3,000 points but to have your previous movie upgraded to an orange movie. This condition is relatively rare. So 3,000 points should be the minimum line for the movie you are going to. Your points might not reach the average. You really won't think about it again? If you run into a bigshot...

Xie Chi didn't care: Their items are restricted after entering. What is there for me to be afraid of?

There was an item restriction system in the app.

In the beginning, actors had no items or they were scarce. As the number of movies filmed increased, they would have more items. It was naturally impossible for the app to allow actors to bring in all available items at once. This was unfair to rising stars with fewer points. Audiences also didn't want to see all types of items. After all, the story of the movie was the key point. Therefore, the app set up an items restriction system.

In a horror movie, actors could bring in three items at most.

The existence of the item restriction system eliminated the phenomenon of actors relying on a large number of items to pass the level while ignoring their own abilities. It also stopped the actors who accumulated a large number of items in low-level movies and then going to bully others in more advanced movies.

After all, the purpose of the app was to make stars produce good movies, not rotten ones. Therefore, even if the opponent had more points, they could only have three items at most. If the number of items carried was limited then the quality of the items was crucial. However, the quality gap between items wasn't as big as expected. To put it plainly, items were tools. The use of them depended on actors.

Ren Ze: That's right. Then I'll give you another wake-up call. Actors with over 5,000 points might have a talent.

Xie Chi: Yes.

Ren Ze: ...You aren't even going to ask me what a talent is?

Xie Chi: Won't you say it even if I don't ask?

Ren Ze paused for a long time before he replied: You are cruel.

Then he started to tell Xie Chi about talents. In the end, Ren Ze said: Let's see whose talent is better.

Xie Chi replied with no excitement: Oh.

Ren Ze: ...

Ren Ze was silent for a moment: Do you want to reconsider me?

Xie Chi was taken aback. Then he remembered what Ren Ze had done for him and his heart warmed slightly. Ren Ze was indeed a reliable partner and wouldn't leave him or betray him in times of crisis. He smiled and readily replied: Okay.

Ren Ze: We know each other and can go together. Isn't it great? You protect me and I'll heal you.

Xie Chi: Okay.

After chatting with Ren Ze, Xie Chi had just locked his phone when another message came in.

Xia Yao: I heard you are going to that orange movie?