Chapter 17: Wish Plan

Xie Chi was only amazed for a moment before his calm returned. He leaned against the wall lazily and waited for the two policemen to finish their inspection and leave.

He still remembered his previous findings. Those selected by the app all disappeared for a while. After appearing again, they either died strangely in just one day or they got what they wished for.

It was only by dying or completing the wish and unbinding the app that he could physically return to the real world. During the transaction with the app, he could touch objects and live a normal life, but he couldn't be seen with the naked eye.

In other words, he was no different from a ghost right now.

He could even create a 'spooky incident' to scare away the two policemen but Xie Chi wasn't so bored.

A policeman spoke while searching. "Tell me, in the end, what is going on between this missing person Xie and his parents? This family is so strange. You say his mother doesn't care about him but she was the first to discover it when her son went missing. You say his mother cares about him but his parents have already moved abroad, leaving him alone in the country..."

"The most amazing thing is how his mother found out he is missing. She couldn't say how but she was convinced her son was missing and asked us to check it. However, there was no nervousness on her face at all. She wasn't like a mother, more like... um, how to say it-I will inform you that my son is missing and just check if you want."

"Right, it is this feeling!" The other person agreed immediately.

Xie Chi's lips slightly curved up, his eyes a bit cold. He hadn't expected his nominal mother to care about his disappearance. The reason she knew he was missing was because... he had a positioning chip in him.

Xie Chi followed a distant memory and touched a place on his right shoulder. It was clearly smooth and warm but there was an innate cold imprint. Pets were easy to lose and this would make their owners sad. Therefore, the mark existed to let the owner always find their pet. The woman must've found that she couldn't locate him and called the police.

After finding nothing, the two policemen left. Then the phone in his bedroom rang and Xie Chi picked it up.

Yan Jing had sent several messages in the friends column:

Yan Jing: Brother Xie, congratulations! I said you could do it!

Yan Jing: We are currently a spiritual body. So exciting!

Xie Chi sent a few sentences back. He just wanted to turn off the phone screen when a message popped up.

[Your agent Zhou Tong is inviting you to his office. Do you agree?]

Xie Chi wanted to meet this stupid idiot and clicked [Confirm].

The next second, the scene in front of him started to twist and tear. Once Xie Chi opened his eyes again, he was standing in front of an office door. The app's transfer function could also be used this way. Xie Chi smiled.

"Come in!" Zhou Tong's voice contained anger.

Xie Chi smiled softly and pushed open the door.

The small office currently contained seven or eight people. Zhou Tong was the one in the middle surrounded by the others. He was a man with a bit of ugliness. He was in his 30s and thin, with thin lips and small eyes. He looked like an ordinary white-collar man.

The people on the side secretly looked at this gentle-looking man who entered and their eyes were filled with faint malice.

"Little Shen Yi is here." One person spoke in a mystifying manner.