Chapter 42.2

The always benevolent wood didn't choose to let Xie Xinglan go. It just wasn't as arrogant as water, fire and gold. It absorbed his vitality. There was no such thing as a pie dropping from the sky. The power he obtained didn't belong to him and it came at a huge price.

His body finally couldn't bear it. A crack formed on the back of Xie Xinglan's hand. Obviously, the power of the five elements needed a place to vent. Once they could no longer expand in the body, they desperately wanted to stretch the body and spread it out. The human body seemed insignificant compared with these heavenly laws.

Xie Xinglan's eyes were dark.

"Brother!" Xie Chi's voice trembled.

Xie Xinglan opened his eyes, spat out another mouthful of blood and coaxed Xie Chi. "It's okay."

He said it was okay but more and more cracks were appearing on his face. The crack on his forehead gradually widened and spread to the bridge of his nose. Thick red blood meandered down, making him look dark and evil. His eyes were as dark as ink but there was no despair in his eyes. He hadn't taken Xiao Chi out of the movie and he hadn't held Xiao Chi yet. Therefore, he wouldn't die.

The injection of the five elements was coming to an end. The five elements didn't want his life. If so, he should've been like Taoist Lian Xi and died within half a minute instead of suffering like this.

Heaven wanted him to repay it but it didn't want his life. The five elements liked him. Xie Xinglan chuckled.

How could the heavens have no preference? If there was no preference, why could he borrow so much? They knew he couldn't afford it yet they still let him borrow so much. If the heavens had no preference, why did a person need to have the same attributes to borrow from a certain law? This was clearly exclusive. If the heavens were truly merciless to him, why bother tormenting him? Since he was alive, it meant that heavens couldn't bear it and was leaving him a path to live.

Xie Xinglan had become a bloody man.

The more threatening the moment, the calmer Xie Chi became. In the long silence, his voice finally rang out. "Brother, I know! Give up your body! Stick to your mind and give up the body completely! Don't fight! Pay it back!"

The human flesh was unable to resist the heavens. Under the torture of the heavens, Xie Xinglan would die sooner or later. However, the heavens wanted Xie Xinglan's repayment, not his life.

Repayment didn't mean death. The collapse of willpower and the demise of the spirit was true death.

Xie Chi finally understood the meaning of the heavens. Xie Xinglan would give his body to it and it would leave Xie Xinglan's life.

For humans, if the physical body was dead then the human body was dead. The physical body could be said to be almost everything. However, for the heavens, the physical body was just a piece of meat, nothing more.

It was just like how the five elements recognized people by their spirit, not their blood. The flesh was just a carrier. Xie Xinglan wouldn't die as long as his willpower didn't die.

"Okay." Xie Xinglan smiled.

[The bigshot is broken!!!]

[Ahhhh, this trash zombie movie that promised to reward goodness. I am crying as I go into the cold palace !]

[A team of mourners standing in front of you.]

[Wuuuuuuuu.]

[Dead, he is dead. I don't want the five elements as a boyfriend anymore. The five elements are a scum man. Wu wu, throwing him away after being used. I don't want to love the five elements, I want the preference of the five elements.]