Chapter 44: Changing Agents

Xie Xinglan was trembling. "Xiao Chi, call me that again and I'll cook everything delicious for you."

"You will make it for me even if I don't." Xie Chi smiled.

"......" Xie Xinglan coaxed for a long time. Xie Chi just laughed. He called out Brother constantly but he never mentioned that one word again.

Xie Chi soon regretted this. Since his brother was absent-minded, he was heavy handed and the food was very salty.

After dinner, the app rang again.

[It has been detected that your agent has died. Do you want to change your agent at random?]

[Once confirmed, the app will randomly assign an agent to you.]

Xie Chi immediately clicked on [No.]

He had no agent after Zhou Tong's death. He obviously needed an agent who didn't pit him or had to become his own agent. The randomly assigned agents could be good or bad and Xie Chi was unwilling to use this. After all, it would be troublesome to meet another person like Zhou Tong.

[You have rejected the random allocation of an agent. Now the page will jump to agents that can be selected.]

There were the names of more than a hundred agents on the screen. Xie Chi opened one at random and the information was very clear: Zheng Yuan, male, an actor with a purple title. Specializes in ghost movies, is good at ghost movies and has rich experience with ghost movies.

Zheng Yuan asked his agents to hand in 18% of their points in each instance as a fee.

Next was: Zhang An, male, an actor with a blue title. Has shot two haunted house movies. Actors interested in the haunted house theme can choose him.

Zhang An asked his artists to turn in 8% of their points in each instance as a fee.

Xie Chi's frown became deeper the more he looked. At his current level, he could apply to almost all agents. However, the slightly more well-known and competent agents charged higher fees. The low ones had to hand in at least 5% of the points in each instance while the high ones could even exceed 30%. From a data point of view, the higher the required compensation, the stronger the level of the agent.

Xie Chi tried a precise search and found that all-rounder agents were very few. 95% of them were agents specializing in a certain type or two or three types of movies. This was different from Xie Chi's demands.

In addition, the hiring fee for all-rounder agents was around 10% more expensive than the specialized one. The cheapest one had a blue title and had to pay 15% of the points.

It seemed it wasn't feasible to find an agent. Xie Chi was more accustomed to relying on himself than relying on others. Moreover, he didn't know these people. The relationship between interests didn't seem very reliable and he would have to deal with gratitude, grievances, or love.

If the agent told him the wrong information because of potential grievances of selfishness, it would be fatal to him. Xie Chi wouldn't hand over his life to others.

Xie Chi searched for information on becoming an agent and his frown deepened.

He had to first submit 100 points to become an agent. Then he must continue to spend points to upgrade his agent level to be eligible to choose a higher quality horror movie. After successfully becoming an agent, only the rough quality horror movies were open to him. If he wanted a bland horror movie to be open, he needed to spend 50 points. Then if he wanted a pros outweigh the cons movie, he needed to spend 100 points.

There was also selecting the horror movie. If the agent wanted to know anything other than the name and subject manner, they needed to spend extra points to buy it.