Chapter 29.1: Zombie Lovers (12)

Taoist Xuan Cheng solved the corpse poison and that night, the remaining six actors carried the coffin on the road.

More than three days had passed in the horror movie.

Taoist Xuan Cheng seemed a bit anxious. "The employer ordered me to deliver the coffin to their house before August 15th but now I've been delayed at the inn for one day. There are only three days left until the deadline. I'm afraid that we will have to work day and night. It is hard on all of you."

Taoist Xuan Cheng had just finished speaking when the actors' phones rang.

[The plot progress has been updated. Deliver the coffin to the employer's house within three days. The journey time will be 5.0 times faster.]

The group nodded and sighed with relief. If it was passing at 5.0 times the speed then traveling all day and night wasn't too tiring.

Xie Chi's focus wasn't on the speed. It wasn't his turn to carry the coffin so he walked to Taoist Xuan Cheng and seemed to casually ask, "Master, if it needs to be delivered on August 15th then how many days did the employer give you?"

Xuan Cheng replied, "I was given nine days. It took three days to reach the Mian Mountains. Then we carried the coffin slowly and were delayed at the inn. It is really sad and we have to hurry up."

Xie Chi nodded.

Taoist Xuan Cheng had always been rigid but he wasn't cold-blooded and ruthless. He remembered that Xie Chi was the first disciple to find teeth powder for him and had a preference for Xie Chi. Now that Xie Chi asked, he released his bitterness.

"The employer is of high birth and they aren't someone you and I can afford to offend. Otherwise, I wouldn't insist on still transporting the coffin despite the heavy casualties. If it was a general commission, the corpse has changed into such a powerful zombie that I would burn it to avoid it damaging people. We can afford it even if people blame us. However, this employer will probably kill us if we burn the zombie."

"I've never seen such a harsh one. It has to be nine days. The employer stressed several times that it must be delivered within nine days. If it can't be delivered then we'll probably have to stay there." Taoist Xuan Cheng looked back at the team carrying the coffin and urged them.

Perhaps because they were approaching Huai Ao but Xuan Cheng had started to reveal some information about the employer.

Xie Chi thought about it and asked, "Did the employer say why it needed to be nine days?"

Taoist Xuan Cheng shook his head. "No, the employer just said that they wanted to move the grave. It is probably a lucky day for re-burial after nine days."

Xie Chi nodded but he didn't quite believe this statement. However, there was no need for Taoist Xuan Cheng to hide this from him. This person probably didn't know.

Nine days, this deadline was emphasized many times. What was the employer's intention? It stood to reason that the grave could be moved at any time. If one auspicious day was missed then wait a few days for the next one. There were so many auspicious days that it wasn't necessary to wait for a certain one.

The emphasis on the deadline meant that if they exceeded the deadline, the impact on the employer was huge. This deadline must be crucial.

Taoist Xuan Cheng saw that Xie Chi was more pleasing to the eye and smiled bitterly. "It is hard for you to follow me. I'm not good at teaching. I'm far behind Uncle Lian Xi. Your uncle Lian Xi is my senior and he knows everything. He is proficient in divination and even knows the art of borrowing the laws..."