4 | they're missing

Start from the beginning

He was a sociopath.

With no regard for anyone's feelings. Not even his brothers, though he never harmed us intentionally. I didn't even know if he even cared about us. If he did, he never demonstrated it. He had no soft spot for anyone. No weakness. He spent the most time in warehouses, shedding blood.

It was safe to say he killed far more than all of us and the whole underground world. Alex Romero was a feared man.

The last time I've seen him with love or softness in his eyes was when Ariana was here. He'd gone mostly quiet when our little sister was ripped away. He spoke very little with few words here and there. He became cold and emotionless as Ace.

It got worst when he was kidnapped for a week five years ago. He escaped and came back covered in blood with his left eye scarred.

He hadn't spoken a single word since then and his crave for blood began.

All of us still didn't know what happened or who took him. He refused to budge when we pushed him a bit and he wouldn't give us a hint who did it.

I knew he wanted to catch and face whoever did it himself. Why he didn't do it already - I still have no idea.

"Jesus, Alex, you're covered in blood," Apollo exclaimed.

Alex didn't spare him even a glance. As usual. The only ones he pay attention to were Father and Ace these days.

I worry about him sometimes. Even if he was more involved in business than I was and higher in position, I was still the older brother.

I guess I'm a hypocrite because I also had done my fair share in blood since Ariana was gone. When I was a teenager, I wanted to be involved only in the legal side which was our cover-up. I could always stand at the sight of violence but I've always disliked it. But when it comes to it, I have no qualms to do what needs to be done. That or if someone harm someone I cared about, I could be ruthless as my brothers.

Because my father and Ace were always busy with work, I've become into sort of replacement mother for my younger brothers. I made it my job to worry about them and occasionally fess over them.

Even if they never appreciate it.

Alex turned to me and gave me a look which I understood his unspoken question completely. Though I wasn't good at reading him as Ace, I've learned to understand Alex most of the time without him having to write down things.

Of course, he knew what was going on. I take that he didn't know what was going on back. He knows something's up. And he wants me to update

"Salvo and Noah apparently went to a street race on a Russian territory without informing anyone neither did they take any security measures. Father and Ace are in the main office right now, discussing their punishments." I told him.

Alex gave me no reaction other than a sharp nod and gave me another look.

"Father called them. They're on way here right now an-"

"Actually, they're supposed to be here right now." Ace interrupted and we all turned him who just entered the room. "They aren't answering our calls when we attempted to ring them again."