✾ᴘᴀᴅғᴏᴏᴛ's ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ✾

Start from the beginning

"Thank you" He mumbled, hugging each one of us individually, lifting me off my feet and spinning me around.

"Let us see you, do you look any older?"

"Oh fuck- is that a grey hair?" Remus gasped, pointing to his hair. He screamed, running to the mirror, rolling his eyes when he realised he was joking, smacking him on his arm.

•••

The rest of the day we tried to make it as special as possible for him, giving him all his favourite foods and making him laugh in lessons. We all felt like there was something missing though- like something was holding him from being his usual happy self. He decided that we would all hang out in their dorm, just a small friends gathering together. I was making my way back from the kitchen after baking some of my cookies, humming as I walked through the empty halls of the castle.

"Regulus?" I whispered, noticing the boy, sat down in the hallway, leaning against the wall with something in his hands. He glanced up to me and glanced back down.

"Lupin" He mumbled back, something was clearly bothering him. I frowned, walking in his direction and sliding down onto the floor next to him. Melody. It's Melody, although he didn't seem in the right frame of mind to correct him now.

"Do you want a cookie? I've just baked them, apparently they are very good" I offered, holding the plate out in front of him. He gave me a half hearted smile, taking one of them and biting into the biscuit,

"Thank you"

"It's alright. Now, are you going to tell me why you're sat here alone in the empty hallway?" I asked softly, watching as he spun a small black box around his fingers.

"I'm an awful brother" He murmured, lifting his eyes up to meet my gaze. This was about Sirius.

"You're not an awful brother, Regulus, he understands the difficult situation you're in"

He hummed, running his hand through his curls, "Are you going to their dorm now, then?"

"Yeah"

"W-will you give him this for me?" He quizzed, handing me the small black box from his hands, biting his bottom lip.

"Of course, I will" I nodded, taking the object and sliding it into the pocket of my jumper. I stood up, extending a hand to him, pulling him up too. He reached down picking up the tub of cookies, passing them into my hold again.

"You're right, they are very good Melody" He complimented. I beamed at him from the use of my name, as he began to walk in the opposite direction to the Slytherin common room in the dungeons, "Don't get used to it, Lupin!"

"I won't, Regulus. We aren't friends" I called back, hearing him chuckle before I made my journey to the Marauder's dorm. He was a good person, he's just trapped on the wrong side of things and he has no way out.

•••

"I've got coo- what the fuck are you doing?" I questioned, opening the door to the Marauders dorm to reveal them all in the front split position staring wide eyed at me, "Hold it there for just a second" I chuckled, picking up the muggle camera to take a photograph if them all, "Hold it, wait... a little to the left, no to the right"

"Come on Lunes! You're killing me here!" James cried, his legs shaking from being in the position far too long. I clicked the button, taking a photograph of them, the four of them groaning when they fell out if the position. "So who was the closest to the floor?"