82. where the stars land

Comincia dall'inizio

"The good I've done?"

"You saved Luna from death! You gave Liam somebody to make him loosen up and you have Zayn somebody to teach him manners. You stole a man's car and paid him back. And you help a lot of people with the stuff you take. That's not even the beginning." I say. "Oh yeah, and the elephant, you saved my life."

I always denied it but at heart I think everybody really knows that Niall saved my life.

"I feel like I'm a bad person doing good things," Niall whispers with tears in his eyes.

"You're a good person doing bad things, baby. Not vice versa." I say, "I can promise you that."

Niall just flutters his eyes shut and leans into the palm of my hand. "I don't know who I am anymore."

I want to say something back but how could I even reply to that? I could say he's Niall Horan but that's an obvious answer. Yeah he's Niall Horan but that's not what he's looking for. He wants to know who he is. In a deeper concept, inside and out.

"Do you want to lie down?" I offer after a couple seconds of silence and he thinks it over before nodding softly.

I intertwine my hand with his before leading him towards our bedroom. Once he lies down I turn around to leave but he immediately pipes up: "Don't leave me."

"I'm just going to be in the living room, babe."

"No-- Please lie with me." Niall whispers, "I don't want you to go."

"Anything you want." I reply, crawling into bed with him.

"There is no happy ending for us is there?" Niall pipes after a minutes of silence.

"There will only be a happy ending if you believe there is going to be a happy ending." I reply.

"You're depressed and I'm a semi-alcoholic criminal." Niall murmurs. "There is literally no chance."

"Go to sleep." I murmur.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah."

"You know how you always ask me if I'm going to leave you?"

"Mhm."

"I personally think you're more likely to leave me."

"And what makes you think that?"

"I'm fucking demented," Niall mumbles, "You're heaven and I'm hell."

"That isn't true, sweetheart." I mumble, cupping Niall's face in my hand.

"It is though," Niall's voice quivers, "The angel fell in love with the demon."

"Shh, you're going to make yourself cry, Niall."

"W-we're two world that shouldn't have collided. How'd we even find each other?"

"It's because we save each other, sweetheart."

"We save each other?"

"Yeah. I save you and you save me and it's mutual."

Niall's eyes flutter shut as he sighs deeply.

I start to think he's asleep before he murmurs: "I like that. That made me feel better."

"I like that too." I murmur.

"Harry?"

"Yeah, sweetheart?"

"The angel and the demon saved each other from themselves."

-------------------
-------------
------