I'll Be Back

You were back in your reality. You were breathing heavily, but you saw Sapnap standing off to the side as Dream was in tears on the ground. Why had caused Dream to sob? Was it because you were gone? Dream wouldn't go all soft for that in front of his enemies, and you knew that. He wanted to appear strong.

"Dream?" You gasped.

Dream looked up at you, his mask lying on the ground. It was pouring rain, and his mask was soaked. It was as if his tears convinced the world to flood. As you started to get drenched, you ran over to Dream and crouched next to him, putting your hands on him. He was shaking. Karl seemed like he was about to stop you, but he didn't right away.

"You're alive?" he questioned.

"Yeah, Karl just took me to other realities... It wasn't great."

"No, you died. Over and over again. You were stabbed, shot, and so much more."

You stormed over to Karl. "What did you do to him? The same thing you did to me?"

"No, I showed him realities where you die or don't love him," Karl stammered.

"What on Earth is wrong with you, Karl?" You retorted, shoving him backwards.

"I'm sorry, Sapnap wants me to do it. He won't love me if I don't," he whispered.

"Sure, Karl, sure," You responded, rolling your eyes. 

You helped Dream up, but when his eyes met yours, you froze. You loved Dream, but those other realities shattered your image of him. He looked confused and concerned. You were terrified that this was all a trick and you were in another one of Karl's fake realities. It was always possible. It could happen anytime.

"Are you scared?" Dream whispered.

"No," You lied.

"Y/N, your love for Dream is making you do crazy things. You and Dream are insane," Karl shouted.

"And the things you're doing for Sapnap aren't any different?" You fumed.

It took Karl a while to respond. "It's different," he stammered.

You looked over at Sapnap and George who were covered in blood. "We're coming back for the two of you. I'm excited for your little favor, Y/N," Karl smirked, using his powers to make the three of them dissapear.

"We're never going to be safe from them," You whispered, your eyes tearing up.

Dream put both of his hands on your face. "We'll get our happy ending, I promise," he whispered.

He leaned in, and the two of you shared a kiss. This time it was a kiss of love and not terror from the alternate reality. This was your Dream, you could tell. In the distance, you could see the brothers slowly approaching. Were they really hiding during the whole battle? They could have helped the two of you, but they didn't. Wow.

"Y/N," Techno spoke.

"Dream," Tommy scowled.

"Tommy, I think Dream is to be trusted," Techno spoke.

"No way, he's plotting to kill Wilbur so he has Y/N to himself."

"Fine, Tommy."

When all five of you were close, Wilbur put handcuffs on Dream, who was now wearing his mask. You shivered as the rain poured down on you. Why were they doing this? Techno and Dream were friends in a way, and Wilbur had said that he at least had some general respect for Dream since he revived him, but now you weren't sure.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" You demanded.

Why wasn't Dream attacking them?

You suddenly realized that Dream didn't want to hurt them because you were close with them. Or at least you thought. Techno was your best friend, and that's why Dream restrained from attacking them, at least for now.

"He's not to be trusted, Y/N!" Tommy insisted as Wilbur put his arm around you.

"Wilbur, get off," You hissed.

He ignored you, leading you inside as Dream followed behind Techno and Tommy in handcuffs. "If you think I'm going to live another year in handcuffs, you're insane," Dream hissed. 

Wilbur would not remove his arm from around you. "Get off of her!" Dream yelled.

"No can do, Dream. Why would Y/N love an evil man like you?" Wilbur laughed.

"Well, guess what, Wilbur?" You spoke.

"Yes, darling?"

"I do love him," You replied, pushing Wilbur off you as everyone entered Techno's home. 

Dream sat down on the couch with handcuffs on as Wilbur and Tommy stood to the side. You went up to Techno with your arms crossed. Why would he listen to Tommy of all people? You liked Tommy and all, but he was younger than all of you, and he wasn't always the best person to make big choices.

"What are you doing?" You whispered, infuriated.

"I know Tommy's young, but he's not dumb. You're endangered because of Dream. Being with him is hurting you. I saw what Karl, Sapnap,  Quackity, and XD did. And I've seen how Dream is rubbing off on you," Techno explained.

"Dream is everything to me. I don't care if I have all these people after me because of it. If that's the cost of loving him, I'll deal with it myself. And Dream has changed!"

"We'll see. I've got to go out to collect supplies, so Wilbur and Tommy will be in charge for a while," Techno spoke, leaving with all of his things.

Last time Wilbur and Tommy were in charge of something, it didn't end well.

"We're stuck with you two?" Dream asked.

"Sadly," You replied.

Tommy looked at Wilbur with a smirk. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" the young boy asked.

Wilbur put your hand in his, dragging you along as Tommy grabbed Dream. You would have never thought that you would see Tommy controlling Dream. It has always been the opposite. You gasped when Wilbur and Tommy brought the two of you to an underground cell. It was damp and cold.

"One last chance, Y/N. Stop loving Dream," Wilbur spoke.

"No."

They shoved you and Dream in the cell and locked it. It was a typical jail cell with one hanging bed with a small and old mattress. You were freezing, and there was hardly any room in the bars. Dream's handcuffs were removed.

"Why would you do this if you want me to stay away from him?" You questioned.

"You'll see what happens when you're alone with him. I'm proving a point and I'm keeping Dream restrained," Tommy answered.

You and Dream stared at each other after Tommy and Wilbur left you two alone.