The God Realm

You saw the mask and his cloak. It was XD. Would XD truly be dead forever? You knew that Dream wouldn't revive XD, because XD is "stealing" you from him. You hugged him tightly as he approached you. With a smile, you stared at him in awe. How did he die if he was a god? It didn't make much sense to you.

"How did you die?" You asked.

"I'm not really dead. I'm in the god realm. Sort of the inbetween, I suppose. Other gods can be transported here with their magic. Philza's wife is the goddess of death, so she spends most of her time here. Philza also visits along with other gods and goddesses. So, if a god happens to die in a way, they are sent here. They will be able to return in a few days time, because the magic of our realm must heal us. That drains our energy, so I should be back to your world very soon," XD explained.

"That's great! I thought I lost you forever," You smiled.

"Wait, did you die? Please don't say you killed yourself to see me-"

"Don't get cocky, although I am glad to see you again. I was shot with fireworks by Dream and Punz. Not because they wanted to kill me, but because I jumped in front of the people they were shooting to save them."

"That's idiotic. Think of yourself first, not some random mortals you met less than a day ago," XD retorted.

"How did you-"

"I read your mind, Y/N. Come on, I you know better than this."

"I'll do what I want. I'm not yours to command."

"Well technically you are," XD laughed.

"That was self-proclaimed," You replied, rolling your eyes.

"Whatever. You and Foolish will never believe me that gods can claim humans. I've already spoken to the other gods, and they agreed to be having you and Foolish," XD spoke, getting a bit closer to you.

"If you say so, my god," You joked.

"Ok, my mortal."

You blushed, and ran a hand through your hair.

"I can't let you stay dead," XD sighed.

"Don't worry, Dream should be reviving me any second. I feel like it's been a while since I got here though..."

"Oh, don't worry, my love. Time goes slower here. So if you were gone for a very quick time from your world it would be longer here," XD assured.

You sighed, and felt yourself wanting to stay with XD and visit Ranboo and Schlatt again. You wanted to be with your dead loved ones, and you also wanted to spend time with XD. But Dream wouldn't let you stay dead... When you woke up, you would just be tortured more. So what was the point of going back anyways?

"I don't want to go back yet," You frowned.

"Why?"

"I don't like what Dream's doing. I feel like he doesn't even allow me to make my own choices," You answered.

"As soon as I get back, I can try my best to help you. Dream can be like me sometimes. I try my best to give you some freedon, but I can be manipulating and a bad person sometimes. I hate that about myself, and I'm sure that my counterpart, Dream, has the same issues. I've read his mind. There's a lot going on in there. So many troubles... So much stress..." XD spoke.

"I'm so sorry, XD. You're perfect the way you are."

"But you still can't let Dream treat you like that."

"I try my best," You smiled.

You looked down at your hands that started to fade away once again. "I think he's reviving you!" XD exclaimed.

As you almost fully faded away, you heard three words that XD had whispered. "I love you."

You looked around you to see Dream's bright green eyes staring down at you, Punz on the other side of him.