Chapter 54: Step Up Your Boyfriend Game

Start from the beginning

--

I woke up to Courtney slithering out of bed.

"I'm gonna shower maybe I'll feel better." she whispered when she saw I was awake. I wasn't planning on sleeping, but I never do.

"Want company?" i smiled.

"No, it's okay." she smiled back. And walked out. A few minutes after I heard the shower turn on Jc walked in with Sugar. Cutest fucking thing.

"Kittttyyyyy!" I exclaimed. Jc set her on my bed.

"You guys have plans for tonight? We should do something." Jc suggested.

"Courtneys in a bad mood." I answered making a yikes face.

"We should go see a movie and walk the mall later tonight. Might put her in abetted mood. Have her invite some friends?"

"I'll talk to her about it."

"Okay"

--

I looked up from my phone when Courtney walked in with her hair wet and wrapped in a towel. She had a frown on her face.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked sitting up.

"I wanted to hangout, because I missed you last couple days, and I keep ruining it. And I just started my period and I don't have anything here and I'm just really uncomfortable. Now I need to clean all your towels and I just want to cry."

I knew in that moment that I was gonna need to swallow any kind of embarrassment, and step up my boyfriend game. It's not a big deal, and I feel like I would be embarrassed if I were in her situation, so I want to make it better if i can.

"Awh, baby, it's okay. I'll go run to the store and you tell me what to get. No big deal okay?"

She pressed her lips together and I could tell she was blinking back tears. I wiped under her eyes and kissed her forehead.

"It's okay" I whispered again and slipped on my shoes.

"I'll be back, I love you." I announce and rush downstairs.

Walked into the grocery store confidently, thinking that I'm doing something nice and being a good boyfriend. But once I found the aisle and walked down it I was feeling quite uncomfortable. I had no idea what I was doing. Reading words that I really did not want to know what they meant. What is the difference between SUPER and light? No wings? What?

I called Courtney and she explained to me that she was sorry about 5 times and how embarrassed she was. Eventually she told me what to get and I made my way to the check out with a few extra items. I twiddled with my promise ring on my hand while checking out and drove home. Courtney was downstairs watching tv and brushing her hair. She gave me a weak smile which turned into a big grin when I pulled a single white rose and a chocolate bar out from behind my back.

"You're the sweetest." She grinned. She smelt the rose and then hugged me. She thanked be and took the grocery bag upstairs. I laid down on the couch and was playing with Sugar, watching her chase my fingers up and down my stomach and legs.

When she returned, I talked with Jc, Ricky and her about tonight. We decided to invite a few people over to hang out and rent movies and have dinner. Dom,Rebecca,Jenn,Andrew, and jack. Jc and Jenn aren't really a thing anymore just friends, at least it's not awkward. Because I like being able to hang out with everyone together.

"Hey kian," Courtney said from the bathroom where she was getting ready.

"Con just texted me, he said he can come over tonight."

"Oh really? Yay! I miss him."

The night really did consist of fun. Casual fun. Not like party,drinking fun. We all chatted, laughed and ordered food. We made a huge pillow bed in front of the tv. Everyone stayed the night because there wasn't a reason to go home. Connor adored Sugar, as pur usual. (AH I DID IT AGAIN)

*Fangirl pov*

(I am doing this point of view for the reason being, that this is what we relate most to. If this were an actual relationship this is what you would see and feel? Maybe?)

When we first suspected Kian had a thing with a girl, we were all so negative. SO negative. When I think back to it, I feel guilty. Because I didn't even know Courtney and I was mad that she was the one getting attention from kian. I thought she didn't deserve it, that she wasn't pretty enough and she just came out of the blue. I was so cruel. But once they were open about dating and she came around on twitter, instagram and then in vlogs, I grew to love her. All my previous opinions of her vanished. She was beautiful, she was funny, she never did anything that would even make me thing she didn't deserve him. Because she does, they deserve to be happy. And being together is what seemed to make them happy.

Getting to know someone over a screen for a year, is fun. You learn funny stories from their childhood, their phrases, their humor and what they order from fast food restaurants. You talk to them and freak out if they notice you because it is so rare. But you know that they are somewhere behind that screen that's why you continue to attempt to talk to them, in all ways possible.

With everything, watching Kian become the person is now is, I believe is thanks to Courtney. They brought each other out of their shells. You can tell he is finally the person he wants to be. And after loving Kian for years, I'm so thankful Courtney came along.

With every picture together makes my heart feel soft. With every tweet at each other you know they're bestfriends. Every video makes you believe that what they have is so real.