Another Life

i reeeeeeally want to get a tattoo

"Where are you guys parked?"

"In front of the dorms," Obi-Wan answered, squinting at one of the many doors to the building in front of his car.

"Would you like to be more specific?" Anakin deadpanned.

Ahsoka snorted, hugging her knees closer to her chest as she watched Obi-Wan roll his eyes at their brother's sarcasm.

"Anakin, I don't have a clue where I am. Why don't you tell me?" Obi-Wan sighed.

"Wait, hang on, I see you guys," Anakin announced. "Wow, the car has gotten more banged up since Ahsoka got her permit."

"Hey—"

"Quiet," Obi-Wan interrupted her. "Anakin, do you want us to come to you, or will you meet us in the—"

A beeping noise sounded as Anakin evidently hung up the phone, the click of a big door opening replacing it.

"Anakin!" Ahsoka shouted, yanking her seatbelt off and nearly tripping over her own feet after pushing the door open and sprinting at her brother.

"Hey," he greeted, smiling down at her as he pressed her head against his chest, squeezing his eyes shut in contentment. "There she is," he laughed, cupping her cheeks as she pulled back, beaming.

Ahsoka didn't know what to say—the longest time that she'd gone without seeing her brother before he went to college was only a week. And he'd moved in nearly two months ago. She felt her stomach churn anxiously at the awkwardness of the silence. That had never happened before with him.

Luckily, Anakin spoke, asking if Obi-Wan was just dropping her off, or if he was going to come in too.

"He's got a date," Ahsoka replied, waggling her eyebrows.

"Ooh, with Satine, again?"

Ahsoka nodded, grinning as Anakin tucked her under his arm before cupping his mouth to call to their brother,

"Have fun with your girlfriend!"

Obi-Wan drove off without another word.

"Rude," Anakin muttered, pulling Ahsoka with him as he turned around to walk back inside. "Come on, you've got to come meet my roommate—Rex."

"Isn't there some sort of rule against girls going into the boys' dorms?" Ahsoka asked.

"Well, yes, but you're my sister," he answered with a laugh as he pulled the door open with his free hand.

"Have you brought any other girls in here?" she teased.

"Just to hang out as friends," her brother answered, "but I have a date tomorrow night so we'll see where that goes."

"Ew."

"Kidding, kidding," he said, grinning as he opened the door to his dorm, revealing a tiny, yet, surprisingly clean room. "Tada," he sang, stepping aside and pulling his arm off of her to let her enter.

There was a large window on the left wall, and a desk sat in front of it, covered in scrap paper and pencils, along with two slim computers. She recognized Anakin's handwriting in the equations and formulas scribbled out in blue ink, as well as some of his sketches. On the right side of the room was one of the beds—Rex's, she guessed, based on the fact that she didn't recognize any of the faces in the pictures on his wall. He seemed to have a lot of brothers, all nearly identical. His bed was neatly made with a blue blanket and a crisp, white pillow.