Anxiety

request from pickle2164! MORE VADER AND AHSOKA YUSSSSS (and remember i refuse to write redeemed ani without hair so NO MUSTAFAR WE'RE AU-ING THIS SH!T)

"I've got it," Ahsoka said, swinging her legs over the side of her bed in response to the sound of knocking on her door.

Anakin hardly stirred from the recently built bed on the other side of the room. He slept in most mornings—his nights were plagued by nightmares as his memories of his time as Vader began to return.

Ahsoka found it odd, being the one to comfort him through the night now, when it had always been the other way around when she was a padawan. She was happy to return the favor, however.

"Just wanted to let you know that breakfast is ready," Sabine said as Ahsoka pulled the door open. "Come to the kitchen whenever you're ready."

"Thanks, we'll be there in a minute," Ahsoka replied with a smile before sliding the door shut once again.

"Breakfast?" Anakin asked, pushing himself up, off of the mattress a bit.

"Yeah," Ahsoka answered. "You want to eat in here today, or with everyone? I can go grab you something."

"That'd be great, Snips, thank you," he said with a tight grin, stretching his arms up over his head.

"Any time, Skyguy," she chided before exiting.

Anakin let the smile fall from his lips as the door shut.

Having Ahsoka back in his life was surreal in ways that he couldn't even begin to explain. After everything that the galaxy had put them through—after every time that it attempted to rip them apart—they'd still found their way home to one another.

He didn't deserve it, he knew that. The way that his stomach churned each time that she spoke to him reminded him every day that they could be separated again—that Ahsoka could leave him again.

And that she would have good reason to.

No matter how many times she came back to him, the fear of her leaving would be uncontrollably, ever-present. 

He couldn't wrap his head around the idea of someone being able to love him now, and he wasn't sure if he would ever be able to.

"Alright, here you go," Ahsoka called, re-entering the room, a plate in each hand. She waited by the side of his bed, silently asking permission to sit down. Anakin moved over, giving her the 'yes,' she was waiting for.

"Cheers," he teased, clinking their plates together.

"What is it?" she asked after a few moments, noticing him staring at her.

"Nothing." He shook his head, remembering her back to him as she walked down the temple stairs. "I'm just glad that you're here."

SCHOOL GOT CANCELLED FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK CUZ THERE ARENT ENOUGH TEACHERS SINCE EVERYONE HAS COVID AJNDKNSKJS I SHOULDNT BE THIS HAPPY ABOUT THAT