Like a Loth-Cat Part 2

headcanon monday! part 2 that no one asked for but that i'm making anyways bc it works.

"I just wanna see what happens!" Anakin argued.

"I don't!" Ahsoka snapped back, holding the laser pointer tightly in her curled fists. "Do you really think that I'm part loth-cat?!"

"No, I'm not certain," he attempted to grab her hand from behind her back, but she swerved out of the way quickly, "so I need to test out the theory!"

Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"It's not going to to anything; I'm a togruta, dumbass."

"We'll if you're so confident that nothing will happen, then why are you too scared to test it out?" Anakin countered, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Because I don't need to prove to you that I'm not going to chase the laser like a loth-cat! What even makes you think that I'll do that?" she sputtered, flailing her free hand wildly in the air,

"You sleep all curled in a ball, like a cat, and you purr! You're very cat-like!" Anakin continued, voice cracking as he raised it an octave too high in desperation, making his padawan snicker. Her expression changed after a moment, her eyebrow markings furrowing confusedly.

"Do you watch me sleep?" 

"I tuck you in, you idiot."

"And I purr in my sleep?"

"Yes," Anakin smiled toothily, "it's very cute. Like a little loth-kitten."

"Oh, shut up."

"Never. Now give me the laser."

Ahsoka sighed dramatically, crossing her arms over her chest as well.

"Okay, fine," she muttered. "You can do this one time but, if anything embarrassing happens, you don't tell anyone, okay?" she asked, handing the little, black device to her master, who took it excitedly.

"Wouldn't dream of it."

"Yes, you would."

Ignoring her last three words, Anakin pressed gently on the button of the laser, aiming it at a spot a few feet in front of Ahsoka, on the carpet of their shared quarters. She looked at the red dot, eyes narrowing slightly. He was almost certain that her montrals twitched but, other than that, she remained perfectly normal. Well—as normal as his odd, little padawan could be.

He pressed the button again, tracing a fake tear down his cheek with his metal index finger, mumbling a quiet,

"Awww."

"Happy now?" Ahsoka asked, eyebrow markings shooting up, along with her shoulders and hands.

"Yeah," Anakin grumbled. "That wasn't very exciting."

With that, he turned on his heel and entered his own, personal quarters, leaving Ahsoka to let out a deep exhale and unclench all of her muscles; it had taken everything in her to not pounce on that red dot.

But, of course, she'd refused to let Anakin be right. And that was all that mattered.

i have a very busy monday and i don't like it :( i just want to sit at home all day and do nothing but pretend to pay attention on calls, and read and write fanfiction. just like last year. we had so much fun on here last year, remember?