Parents

request from ArtisticFangirl18! enjoy, my lovely 🥰

"It's just an... adventure," Padmé reassured Ahsoka, dumping a bucket of water on the flames coming from what had been an oven mitt beside the stove.

Ahsoka nodded numbly, eyes wide. She'd never seen the Senator so frazzled. Padmé always seemed so... put together—absolutely not the type of person to be running around a kitchen with her hair sticking up in odd places while accidentally setting things on fire.

But, then again, Ahsoka had seen this type of thing before after assuming what someone was like. That someone had been her master. Anakin Skywalker was too well-known of a name at the temple before she'd been assigned as his padawan for her to not have some sort of expectation for what his personality would be like. She'd been prepared for some sort of insanely tough God among men, from what she'd heard about the whole 'Chosen One' prophecy—not a sometimes-brother-sometimes-father-like man with emotions that could switch faster than a lightsaber blade could retract, and feelings as strong as the waves on Mon Cala.

So, she couldn't say that she was surprised that those two people she'd been so wrong about were clearly in some sort of a relationship. She wasn't certain what kind, but Anakin didn't just tell her they were eating over at any of his friend's houses (she wasn't even sure if he had other friends, besides her, Master Kenobi, the 501st, and Senator Amidala).

"Anakin told me that I wouldn't be able to pull this all together before he gets here," Padmé muttered, pinching the burnt glove and tossing it into the trash can, "and I'm going to prove him wrong."

"Gonna be pretty hard to beat a cook like him," Ahsoka teased with a smile. Padmé made a face at her, making her giggle even more. 

The knock at the door was almost drowned out by the sound of the fire alarm going off again as the stove flame danced over to the other oven mitt next to it.

"Kriff," Padmé cursed. "Don't let him in, Ahsoka."

"You're the boss," she laughed, swinging her legs from where she sat on the counter while watching the woman rush to the sink again before putting out the second fire. She used the Force to turn off the fire alarm—it was hurting her montrals.

"Anakin!" she greeted in a high voice, opening the door to reveal her 'friend,' clearly biting back a smirk at the strong scent of smoke. "So glad you could make it."

"Sorry, I'm a little late, Senator, I was just getting you these," he replied, pulling a bouquet of flowers out from behind his back.

Ahsoka didn't miss the blush that tinted Padmé's fair cheeks at that gesture, and the hint of a true smile and a not-so-subtle wink from Anakin.

"Thank you."

"And for you, my Snips," he teased, stooping down into a bow as he revealed a second bouquet.

Ahsoka hopped off of the counter, beaming. 

"Why, thank you, my Skyguy," she replied, taking them by the higher part of the stems.

"You are most welcome," he continued, standing back up straight. "Now, do you two need any help in the kitchen?" he asked.

Padmé sighed, clonking her head against his chest. Anakin patted her back, teasingly, while Ahsoka provided the answer.

"Yes. There have been two fires."

"Ahsoka!" Padmé exclaimed, standing upright and turning her head toward her quickly, looking very offended.

"Alright, alright," Anakin muttered with a smile, "I'm here to save the day."

"Shut up," Ahsoka replied while he laughed at Padmé's dramatic eye roll.

He clapped his hands together.

"Let's get to work."

goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!!! <33