Insomnia Part 2

request from Padawan_Isabela12! i hope you enjoy these reversed roles of the first part!

"Get up," Anakin sighed, reaching his arms around his padawan in order to pry her hands off of her tablet. "Come on, Ahsoka, you've been at this for ages. It's late and you need to go to sleep. I won't ask again."

"I have one page left!" she snapped, fighting against him and nearly slamming the device onto the counter in the process.

"And you can finish it tomorrow," he argued, giving one last tug that tore her homework away from her. 

"Anakin, it's due tonight!" she shouted, racing after him as he walked in the other direction.

"I will talk to your teacher. You have a mission coming up and you haven't slept well in days. You need to rest," he replied, as calmly as one possibly can be with a teenaged togruta hanging off of their arm. "Let go of me."

"Let go of my tablet."

"Padawan—"

Her sharp inhale told him that the title had bit just as hard as it was meant to. Sometimes, when he called her that it was to remind her that she had a place beside him, to remind her that he wanted her. But other times—times like this—it was to remind her of where that place was. 

She let go of him.

"Please," she said softly, looking him in the eyes. "I can't sleep until I'm finished."

You can and you will, he wanted to say, but he bit his tongue instead.

"I'll help you," he answered, "tomorrow."

She sighed, expression crumpling as she buried her face in her hands, feeling the tightness in her chest begin to grow.

"Hey, hey, you're hyperventilating," Anakin said, placing the tablet on the table beside them, in order to free his hands so he could pull her into a hug. "C'mere, you're okay, Ahsoka, relax."

She couldn't.

"Breathe," he continued slowly, holding onto her until the tension faded, nearly two minutes later.

He understood her anxiety to get her work finished immediately, but he also knew that her anxiety wouldn't have reached these levels if she'd been sleeping normally lately.

"We're going to go to bed now, alright?" he asked, once she was calm, scooping her up into a bridal carry. "Everything will be alright in the morning. Don't worry about the assignment, 'Soka, I'll take care of everything."

She nodded sleepily.

He carried her to her bedroom and tucked her into bed with a gentleness that only few knew he possessed.

"You're going to be alright," he promised, pulling up a chair to the side of her mattress.

Anakin snored loudly.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes dramatically as soon as she opened them that morning, looking over to find the source of the noise.

And there he was—flopped over her with his head on her chest and an arm protectively over her middle.

"Morning," she whispered, slightly startled at the sight. He'd stayed the whole night?

He didn't answer her, still very much asleep, but that was alright.

He was there and that was what mattered.

so yes i did start crying at the beginning of inside out last night and then i didn't stop until the end and then i cried myself to sleep it was lovely

BOOK OF BOBA SPOILERS HOOOOOOOLY CRAP ALSO ILL BE CURSING IN THIS I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF

ENFIENFLAFIDNFLAENFIAEFN YALL- WATCHING THIS IN CLASS WAS HARD. REALLY HARD. I LOWKEY SPOILED THE EP FOR MYSELF BC I SAW A TIKTOK WITH DIN BUT IT'S WHATEVER WE KNEW HE WAS GONNA BE HERE SO SO WHAT

BUT ANYWAYS JUST

KERNJNFALFLA SO MUCHHAPPENED?!??

WHEN HE BROUGHT UP BO KATAN I WAS SO READY FOR SOMEONE TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT SABINE BC OF THEIR WHOLE SITUATION AND THEN JUST TIE IN THE AHSOKA SHOW BUT THAT DIDNT HAPPENNNN AND IT'S OKAYYYYY

AND UM EVERY GROGU REFERENCE?!FNEKFNALF.ASFNAELI FUCKING KILLED ME OH MY GOSHOH MY GOSH OH MY GOSHSHFJENFLA THE PATERNAL INSTINCTS ARE SO STRONG WITH THIS MAN AND HES GONNA GO SEE HIS BABY I CAN. NOT.

AND HE FLEW ON THE FUCKING PODRACE COURSE HLLY JEFNSELIFNSLEF HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT I WANTED TO SCREAM BUT, AGAIN, I WAS IN SCHOOL LMAOFNIENFAL I DIDNT WANNA WAIT

AND HE REFERENCED AHSOKA AND AGAIN I ALMOST COMBUSTED RIGHT THERE 

THERE IS PROBABLY MORE BUT IM TIRED AND NOT ALERT ILL COME SCREAM MORE TOMORROW HAHAHFHHRAHOIF

IM SO EXCITEDDDD