Famous

i....i know it's monday but i'm writing this instead of a headcanon i'm SORRY but a convo with StormLilly and anxiety_banana inspired this

"You falling asleep on me down there?" Anakin asked, tilting his head to look at his padawan beside him as she rocked deliriously back and forth in her seat, slumping forward into her soup a moment later.

"Whoa, whoa..." Anakin grabbed her by the shoulders, leaning her against his side before raising an arm in the air to signal their waitress. "We're finished over here, how much will it be?" he asked, slipping an arm around Ahsoka while she mumbled nonsense against his ribs.

"For you, Skywalker? It's on the house," the waitress replied with a wink. "Nice to meet you."

Anakin pulled his lips in a tight grin, nodding at the woman. She couldn't be any older than Ahsoka, probably still in school.

And flirting with him.

He was used to this, of course. His face was all over the holonet, along with Obi-Wan and Ahsoka's. Even off of Coruscant, which they were not at the moment, they were well-known. The closer to the temple that they were, the more liked they seemed to be.

Well, they were close right now, hence the flirting teenagers. And if someone had recognized them already, there was a high chance that there would be paparazzi waiting for them outside.

Anakin sighed and shook Ahsoka awake. Her head shot up, a montral whacking him in the face.

"I'm up, I'm up," she muttered while he clapped a hand over the side of his face.

"Ow."

"What time is it?" she asked, yawning.

"Uh, just about time for bed, I guess. You were about to make a pillow out of your dinner." He rubbed the red spot on his cheek before standing up, tucking Ahsoka into his side. "There's probably gonna be a lot of people out there who want to—" she groaned, "—talk to us but I'm going to try and get us by as quickly as possible. I know you're tired."

"Ugh, this is your fault." She poked him in the side as they walked through the restaurant.

"What?"

"They all want pictures of you because they like your stupid face," she mumbled while he pulled the extra fabric of his cloak over her.

He rolled his eyes.

"Not my fault."

"Whatever."

Anakin pulled the door open, squinting his eyes as a light flashed in his face.

"Skywalker, is it true that Master Kenobi is sleeping with his clone commander?"

Anakin shoved past the reporter.

"Would you be interested in commenting on some of the posts your teenage fans have made about you, Master Skywalker?" another asked. Anakin sighed loudly.

"Stop calling my brother sexy," Ahsoka said, peeking her head out from beneath the cloak, making Anakin flinch and try to push her back under. He hated the things that were said to her when she interacted with the press. "It makes me uncomfortable," she continued into the mic before pulling the garment back around herself.

"Are you sleeping with Senator Padmé Amidala?!" someone shouted as another bright light flashed in their faces.

"Please leave us alone," Anakin grumbled. "We need to get back to the temple."

"Are you having and affair with your padawan?" another called out.

"Absolutely not."

Ahsoka pretended to vomit under his cloak.

"Can we have a picture of you two together?"

"Was this a date?"

"Are either of you sleeping with your captain?"

"Come on, Snips," Anakin whispered, urging them through the crowd. "Just ignore them."

He pulled the passenger door to the speeder open, blocking Ahsoka from the view of the swarm of people so they couldn't get any pictures of her.

"Here, take this," he said, slipping the cloak off of his shoulders and wrapping it around her, the hood large enough to cover her face.

"Thank you, Anakin," she said back quietly.

He frowned as he circled around the front of the speeder to get into the driver's seat. She was always bothered after instances like these. Like she'd said, it made her very uncomfortable.

"Alright, let's get you home." Anakin smiled warmly as they finally took off, Ahsoka letting out a relieved breath when she could pull the cloak off of her head.

They didn't speak for the rest of the ride, Ahsoka's light snores filling the silence after a few minutes.

Anakin carried her out of the vehicle once they arrived back at the temple, the excess fabric of his cloak draping over his arms.

"You okay?" he asked softly when she blinked up at him confusedly, referencing their encounter with the paparazzi.

"Yeah," she hummed back, nuzzling her face against his shoulder. "I know you'll always take care of it."

currently laughing my way through horror movies w my sisters bc if i don't make jokes the entire time i don't know what to do with myself 😁

psa: i'm never getting over the fact that ahsoka missed anakin by seconds during that call in rots/siege of mandalore AHSJSJJAKAS