Football

when the people who you talk to every day are modern au-aholics and so you somehow find yourself writing a modern au in class- 🤦‍♀️ you know exactly who you are and i hope you enjoy 😁

warning for a liiiiiittle bit of language in here

"Yes!" Ahsoka shouted, jumping up and down on the tips of her toes to try and see over the roaring crowd of parents and students.

All that she had established from her view in the middle of the bleachers before everyone had sprung up onto their feet, was that her brother had just scored the winning touchdown at the last game of the season.

So, with that knowledge, she pushed through the swarm of people as fast as she could, jabbing her elbows into a few too many people's ribs as she tried to beat the rest of her school to the field; she had to get to him first. That was her brother.

"Anakin!" she shouted, pushing that absolute bitch, Maisie Brunning (she'd stood Rex up on a date last year and, though her friend had let it go, Ahsoka never would), a bit too hard as she raced down the hill, sending the girl folding nearly in half over the railing.

She didn't have the time to feel bad (though, she was sure that even if she did, she would not)—the cheerleaders had already joined the football team by the edge of the field, in a growing circle. Ahsoka rolled her eyes as she caught a glimpse of one of them awkwardly clap Anakin on the back. She didn't understand why so many girls flirted with him when they knew damn well that he was already in a relationship.

A loud cry of her name as her feet pounded into the grass had her head snapping up to see Rex waving her over, hardly having to stand on his toes at all as he towered over most of the team and cheerleaders in all his six foot glory.

"Get on over here!" he yelled with a wave of his hand. Ahsoka laughed and fell to her knees so she could crawl on all fours under the rest of the people separating her and her honorary older brothers.

When she was finally back on her feet, the first thing that she noticed was that Anakin was... sitting on top of Rex and Jesse's shoulders. She let out a loud laugh as the three of them stumbled around for a few seconds before losing their balance completely and sending Anakin face first toward the ground.

Luckily, he was able to land on his feet, though, the same didn't go for Jesse, unfortunately. Ahsoka helped him up with a,

"Congratulations!"

"Thanks!" he called back, smiling widely. She was about to tease him for his little stunt with Rex and her brother but suddenly hands were wrapping themselves around her waist and lifting her up onto broad shoulders.

Anakin tilted his head back to find her eyes above him. His hair was soaked with sweat, and faded, black lines dripped down his face from the eye black. He flashed her a smile, crying,

"We won, Snips!"

"I know!" she giggled back, throwing her arms in the air and cheering loudly while he whooped along with her.

At some point a trophy was handed to Anakin, who passed it right on to his sister on top of him so she could hold it over everyone's heads, the teens who had become brothers to her jumping up and down around her and her related brother.

She didn't remember much else from the night other than the adrenaline and exhilaration, but she supposed that that only meant that they'd had fun.

And maybe Anakin had sped on the way to the diner, and maybe Rex and him had kept her out way passed curfew before heading home (Rex was staying the night again), but with the recent passing of her and Anakin's father and the distance from their oldest brother after he'd left to study abroad, it was the happiest they'd been in a very long time.

IT'S ABOUT DRIVE IT'S ABOUT POWER WE STAY HUNGRY WE DEVOUR PUT IN THE WORK PUT IN THE HOURS AND TAKE WHAT'S OURS