Routine

i literally can't remember if i've already used this title help. also this is headcanon mondayyy!! the one with the most votes was the one bout anakin putting soka to bed every night

"Skywalker?" a familiar voice rumbled from behind Anakin as he walked down the hall.

"Master Plo?" he asked in a whisper, turning around to reveal a figure against his front, tiny and fast asleep.

Even with his mask on, Anakin could swear that the kel dor smiled at him, his tone softening when he continued with a,

"She still looks so little when she sleeps."

Anakin laughed quietly, feeling Ahsoka's arms around his neck loosen even more as she drifted off even further. Master Plo took a few steps forward, stopping when he was just inches in front of them.

"You're up late," he pointed out, "does she still have trouble sleeping?"

"Oh," Anakin replied, hoisting her up on his hip to get a better grip, "sometimes she comes into my room and takes over my bed when she can't," he chuckled.

"Oh, she used to do the same to me," Plo sighed, looking down at the girl fondly.

"I know we shouldn't be up this late, but we were over at Master Kenobi's and—"

"It's alright, young one," Plo said with a soft laugh, "you don't have to explain yourself to me."

Anakin smiled while Ahsoka continued to snore lightly into his shoulder. Plo was watching them with a sense of nostalgia, he noticed. He knew that before she had been assigned to him, the two had been close. He was certain that their closeness was the reason that they hadn't been paired as master and padawan.

He wasn't sure what the whole point of that was now. From his experience, Ahsoka could grow on anyone.

"I take care of her, Master," he promised softly. "I would never let anything happen to her."

"Oh, I know," Plo answered, nodding his head slowly. "I've watched—made sure that she's safe with you."

Anakin smiled, furrowing his eyebrows as a swell of pride rose through his chest. Master Plo thought that she was safe with him.

He was good enough for her. It was all that he wanted to be.

"She is," Anakin agreed, "I promise."

Plo lifted a hand, brushing the tip of a claw down the girl's cheek. She let out a sigh, snuggling further into Anakin.

"We've got to get off to bed," her master said apologetically. "I tuck her in every night."

Plo nodded in understanding, pulling back gently. He began to speak, but Anakin interrupted him almost immediately.

"You can help me tonight, if you'd like. And you can see her any time you want. I want her to keep her relationship with you."

He watched nervously as Plo's expression changed, as much as it could. He didn't look disappointed in Anakin's subtle mention of attachment like he was expecting. He almost looked... sad.

She loves you too, he wanted to say. I'll always take care of her for you.

"Thank you, Skywalker. I've got to get off to bed myself, but I hope you know how relieved I've been since realizing what good hands she's in," he replied.

"Thank you, Master," Anakin said, grinning. "Goodnight."

He continued on his walk to their quarters, the weight of the girl against his chest not nearly as heavy as the love in his heart for her.

She's safe with me.

SOMEONE DID THE DAMN SHES SAFE WITH ME TREND WITH PLO ANAKIN AND AHSOKA I AM NOT OKAY

THATS WHY THIS CHAPTER EXISTS