Sleep Talk

i swear this is not an!soka just bear with me through this one i SWEAR ID NEVER WRITE THAT

It was her fault, she thought.

Her fingers twisting his hair into loose braids and combing them out again and again in a pleasant pattern had him asleep, with his head still in her lap, in minutes.

Ahsoka had been the one to offer it, playing with Anakin's hair. He'd been having trouble sleeping for the past few nights and she'd thought that it would help.

Now, she wished that she'd let him deal with his insomnia on his own.

He said it again as she tried to move his head off of her, her nose wrinkled in disgust because that was her name he was saying in that tone.

She felt like an intruder in a conversation that he was having with himself about her.

"Ew, ew, ew," she muttered, shuddering as he said it again. If he was really dreaming about what she thought he was dreaming about, she was certain that he would never look her in the eye again. Ever.

She, at least, could pretend that she hadn't heard anything, if she was able to get out of his room before he woke up, that was. The thought of a room with no Anakin was very desirable at the moment.

It dawned on her as she lowered his head to his pillow that she had the ability to tap into their bond and see whatever it was that he was seeing.

She decided that she'd rather never think of this again.

Just as she was about to make it out of the door, gagging, Anakin shot up in his bed, shouting something incoherent before,

"Ahsoka!"

He looked back and forth frantically and it took her a few moments to register that there were tears glistening on his cheeks as he felt around the space on the bed where she had been.

Against her better judgment, she made herself known, whispering, "...Yes?"

"You're alive," he gasped. "You're alive."

She met him at the edge of his bed as he crawled forward, wiping at his eyes before taking her in his arms.

"You're okay, you're okay. I—you were being tortured and I couldn't get to you and they killed..." he choked on a sob, "I'm sorry, I couldn't save you, I'm sorry."

"That's what you were dreaming about?" she breathed, relieved.

"Not dreaming, no. A nightmare, sweetie."

She clutched him tighter, trying to hide her smile where he'd certainly be able to feel it against his neck.

"I'm okay," she promised quietly, letting the tips of her fingers slide back into his hair now that she was certain everything between them was normal. "It's okay."

hi i just have something really important that i need to let everyone know. it's a rly big piece of my life and part of who i am so i need to share this with you guys i hope you don't think any differently of me 🥺

well, here goes...

i love anakin skywalker so much.

also i lost the game HAHA