Chapter 33

Chad: You're crazy. She can't be there

Ross: I'm serious! That's where she is!

Chad: And what if she isn't there?

Ross: She has to be there, I know she is

Chad: Ross I don't know. I don't know if--

Ross: We'll get the money, I swear

Chad starts pacing back and forth as he ruffles his hair. He releases a long breathe that he has been holding till he looks at me and speaks.

Chad: This is the last time and we're only staying there for a little while not a long time

I smile big and throw myself at Chad lifting him up as I repeat 'thank you, thank you!' over and over.

Chad: Put me down man! This is embarrassing and awkward!

I put him down but not my huge happy face.

Chad: You're ridiculous

Ross:(nods) I know. Can j sleep over here? Don't really want to stay home

Chad: Sure thing

. . .

Bang!

Clash!

Crack!

What the heck is going on downstairs?
Ugh! Is Chad sleep walking again?!
I sluggishly get out of the guest bedroom and walk downstairs and hear the noises getting louder and louder.
I grab the closer thing to me which is.... febreeze.
😕 Nice weapon... Note the sarcasm.
I held onto the febreeze tightly and continue to walk downstairs. I felt for the walls on my left side to find the light switch. When I did, I counted to 3 and then on the lights crying out my battle cry.

Ross: Ahh!!.... Huh?

A cat? It was a stinkin' cat that made all those noises? God damn it!
I mentally face palm myself before turning my back going upstairs again till a certain voice stopped my entire body.

Laura: R-Ross?

No. It can't be her, it just can't. She's in another country in another continent possibly but not here, not in this exact room as me. It's probably just my imagination playing with me. I shake it off and step upstairs till she spoke again.

Laura: Ross? Is that really you?

No. It can't be possible. Suddenly small arms were being wrapped around my torso. Then, tears were soaking into my shirt, like it felt like real tears were soaking my shirt.

Laura: I thought I'd never see you again

She cried.

Oh my god. She's actually here.
I turn around to face her and see her face with a small smile with wet cheeks from her tears.
I cup her cheeks in my hands and wipe the remaining tears having a tear eyed happy smile.

Ross: I thought I lost you forever

I breathe crying a bit.

Laura: Don't let him take me away. (Cries) I don't want to go back to him

I hush her as I stroke her hair a couple of times.

Ross: I'm never gonna let him take you away, ever

She cries harder into my chest. Even though she's in this kind of state right now I'm just glad to see her again.

Ross: Come on, let's go to bed and talk about this in the morning, okay?

She nods her head not letting go.
We walk up to the guest room. Laura sits at the edge of the bed as I stand there.

Ross: Um.... I don't think Chad has any clothes for you

Laura: It's fine

She says as she wipes her eyes getting some of the tears wiped away.

Ross: I could give you my shirt and you could sleep in that if you want?

She nods her head. I give my shirt and turn around so I would give him some privacy.

Laura: Done

Ross:(turns around) lets go to bed then

We get under the covers, her arms wrapped around me again. One arm was holding her close to me as the other was behind my head.

Laura: Ross

Ross: Yeah Laur?

Laura: Are you gonna end all of this? W-With Chris and all

I sigh and debate whether or not that I should tell her the complete truth or sugar code it a bit?

Laura: Ross?

Oh. Must've zoned out longer than I intended to.

Ross: Sorry

Laura: So what about my question?

I kiss her head and say:

Ross: I'm gonna do everything that I can

She snuggles up to me closer before yawning and shutting her eyes.

Laura: Goodnight Ross

Ross:(smiles) Goodnight Laura