Chapter 8

First day of starting workshop and I'm super excited. I can't wait to start this class.

Mr. Chip: Alright everyone! This is workshop class! This isn't gonna be some place to goof off! If you want to then get out!

3 students walked out of the class. What the heck?

Mr. Chip:(Confused) Alright then.... Today you're going to be making whatever you want to make. This will show me how big of failures you are!

Ouch! What's up with him?

Mr. Chip: Start working!

Well better get started. I'll be making a wooden guitar, I won't be able to play it which sucks but it'll be cool to hang on my wall. :) Well it's gonna be a while so I better start working. Just as I was about to start, I see a girl with a hood walk in. It's Laura.

Mr. Chip:(looks at her) Cooking class is down the hall

Laura: Listen, I'm just here to do what I feel like, not let you think of sexes things, so if you'll excuse me

She walks and sits next to me. Cool. :)

Ross: Hi

Laura:(ignores him)

Well that was a little rude. Whatever, I got something to work on.

. . .

I parked at the skate park parking lot and grabbed my board out and put on my helmet and padding and started skating on the ramp and other objects to skate on. (A/N: Sorry, I don't know anything about skateboarding that much) I was having a good time shredding on my board, having a blast then I see Laura. I skated up the ramp and stopped just watching Laura walk over to a big shady tree and sit down doing something. Hmm.... I thought she'd be at home trying to isolate herself from everyone, well that's how I see her, she's just been doing that to me whenever I try to talk to her. Soon I see two guys walk over to her. Holy crap! Those are the same two guys who jumped her last time! I guess they aren't done with her yet. I better get in there before she gets hurt. I was about to run up to them till I hear my name be shouted. Not now!

Chad & Chris: Hey man! (walks over to him)

Ross:(fake smiles) Hey guys

Chad: Ready to shred?

Ross: Well uh.....

Chris: What's wrong?

I know Chris doesn't like to talk about Laura but I need to tell them.

Ross: I have to go

Chad: Go? You just got here

Ross: I know but I just got to do something quick, watch my board please

I take off my gear and run down to Laura. I can see those guys are already causing trouble to her and they haven't even laid a finger on her yet, and they're not going to.

Ross: Hey!

They turn around.

Ross:(walks over to them) Hasn't one lesson been enough for you clowns?

guy #1: Just back of kid, this has nothing to do with you

Ross: When you hurt someone for no apparent reason then it has something to do with me

Laura: Ross just get out of here

I could hear the 'I want you to get out of here' in her voice but I couldn't do that. I know she can't take these two, she's to petite and these guys are so bulky and big.

guy #2: You heard her

Ross:(Shakes his head) I'm not gonna let these guys hurt you

Laura: Ross just--

guy #1: Alright! Enough! (looks at Laura) Do you have the drugs?!

Laura: I don't sell any drugs!

guy #2: Stop lying girl!

He then swings at Laura and hits her at the side of the head hard. What the hell man!?

Ross: Dude! Not cool to hit a girl!

guy #1: Will you shut up, we're dealing with business here!

Ross: The only business you'll be having is wondering (pretends to think scratching his chin) How will I finally get out of my mom's house?

guy #2: That's it!

He charges up to me and tries to hit me but I just duck down and punch kick him in the balls. He puts his hands to his crotch and bends down soon falling to his side.

Ross:(looks at guy #1)

guy #1: I'm not scared of you!

Ross:(crosses his arms) Oh really? (smirks)

guy #1:(looks at him)

Ross: Boo

The guy screams and grabs his partner by the collar of his jacket and runs away dragging his partner with him. Ha!

Ross:(looks at Laura) Are you--

Laura: Stop trying to be a hero, alright? Just leave me alone

She gets up and walks away. What?! I just saved her not once but twice and she repays me by telling me off and walking away?! I don't think so!

Ross: Okay stop (grabs her by the wrist)

Laura: Hey! Let go of me! (glares at him)

Ross: Why are you like this? I saved your twice and you repay me by telling me to back off and walk away without a thank you? That's just not cool

Laura: Just, leave me alone!

Ross: I can't do that

Laura: And why can't you?! Everyone else does this!

Ross: Well you seem different from everyone else that I see or talk or hang out with! You're not like other girls and yeah maybe I find that intriguing but I just want to help you!

I take a deep breathe.

Ross: I heard those things that the school has been saying about you. I know some of them aren't true but I can help you

Laura looks at me for a second then shakes her head.

Laura: No. You can't help me, no one can (shakes her head)

She had determination in her voice, like she knew it was the truth, but I know her truth better.

Ross: Maybe it'll take a while but I know I can help you, just let me help you

Laura: Just back off!

She yanks her arm out of my grip.

Ross: Why can't you let people in?

Laura: Because I don't want to get involve in this crazy world

Ross: News flash! You're gonna be involve in this crazy world anyways even if you're just standing there doing nothing

Laura: Just leave me alone, and by that I mean forever

She storms off just like that. No no no, I'm not gonna let her get away just like that. I know she needs help and that's what I'm planning to do.