Chapter 148: Genes

Start from the beginning

Xie Chi was stunned and thought this was very reasonable. If Lian Shi wanted to use the genetic modification technology to create better and more advanced people, it was normal to want the best genes. After all, these excellent genes could be used for genetic modification to create superior pets.

“Why are you looking at him?” Xie Chi’s gaze fell on the first statue of the handsome and elegant young man and he asked aloud.

The old man answered, “It is because Lian Shi successfully took away a small part of the demigod’s genes.”

Xie Chi was stunned. The first statue was of a demigod. Lian Shi made a wish and successfully realized it. He took away a small part of the demigod’s genes and used it to make pets. Shen Yi said he was a zero generation pet. He was originally an ordinary person but later received genetic modification and his own genes couldn’t be coped. So he had… the demigod’s genes.

Shen Yi must know Lian Shi. Xie Chi was now extremely sure of this. However, this had nothing to do with him. He just listened to gossip. He wouldn’t know unless Shen Yi said it later.

Xie Chi said goodbye to the old man and left. The old man stood alone outside the Ten Temples and watched him leave. He was stunned for a while before speaking to himself. “Maybe not all stars will fall in the end.”

After coming back from the Ten Temples, Xie Chi lived a life of watching horror movies day and night until seven days later when Su Qing smoothly came out of a horror movie and said goodbye to Xie Chi.

In the office, the morning sun shone and dispelled every inch of darkness in the small space. Ren Ze came over because he knew Su Qing. He was currently talking to Su Qing. Xie Chi leaned on the sofa and glanced at the message Yan Jing sent him.

Yan Jing had found the right horror movie.

“Then I’m going.” Su Qing wasn’t used to socializing but he always felt it was impolite to say nothing. He came just to say goodbye. Now that it was done, he should go.

Ren Ze immediately stood up to see him off but Su Qing looked back at Xie Chi. Ren Ze jokingly glanced at Xie Chi. “I’m also a friend. Why does he only miss you?”

Su Qing lowered his head in an embarrassed manner.

“It is because I’m handsome.” Xie Chi smiled and walked over to see Su Qing off, speaking sincerely. “It will be better in the future.”

Ren Ze made a shameless expression behind his back.

Su Qing looked up, eyes slightly bright. “After you get your boyfriend later, will you come to us?”

Ren Ze was stunned. “‘Us’? Who else?”

Su Qing reacted and his face turned red with embarrassment. “No… no one.”

He asked again, “Will you?”

Xie Chi looked at this person. Su Qing had many good wishes like reunion and everyone being happy. He was sensitive and idealistic.

Xie Chi was about to open his mouth to promise when Yan Jing kept sending him messages. The vibration frequency was so high but he didn’t notice so the phone slipped directly from his fingers. Xie Chi glanced at Su Qing apologetically. After receiving the gentle gaze filled with permission, he bent over to pick up the phone and glanced at it. Xie Chi’s expression changed sharply and he tightened his grip on his phone.

“What is it? Which beautiful woman sent you a photo?” Ren Ze joked when he saw Xie Chi staring at his phone screen for a while.

Xie Chi quietly lowered the phone and glanced at him. “I’m gay, thank you.”