STONES OF MERIMER

The spear glided through air seamlessly as everyone held its breath. The facial expression of Albastor changed as Maurice's perfect aim didn't fail him and the spear hit spot on the target. A shrill cry of pain was heard, as Duke Albastor Hamid looked in despair at the spear stuck out from the middle of the giant circle.
Chaos erupted everywhere along with howls of agony for all the cave worshippers felt the deep aching hurt. When the giant apprentice was stuck by a weapon it disrupted the continuous flow of dark power emitting out of it and stripped the cave worshippers of its energy.
Misguided the worshippers bellowed loudly and jumped around in anguish. Maurice seized this opportunity and immediately went and uncuffed Zoya.

Zoya gasped for breath as she felt the tension release her bleeding wrists. She looked up at Maurice with a grateful expression, "Thank you!", she mumbled.

Maurice's eyes softened.

"Me too you fool!", said a voice from behind.

Maurice turned around to see Rafael looking at him with an annoyed expression. He rolled his eyes at him and then went to uncuffed him.

Lieutenant Lucifer rolled in grief when the spear bore through the gate of Meirmer. The black magic of the keys that were inserted in the giant gate was connected to their tattoos. So, the spear that Maurice threw felt nothing less than a dagger through his heart. He was gasping for breath trying to come back to his sense and dismiss the shock, when from the corner of his eyes he caught sight of three figures standing up.

"Catch them...!", he instructed and immediately a bunch of cave worshippers caught his cue. They took a second to assemble themselves and then lifted their spear and ran head forward towards their captives.

But that was all the time Rafael needed, he immediately thrusted his hands forwards and shouted "CRAZEN!",

Black fire erupted out of his hands like a jet and burned down a dozen men in front of him who fell straight on the ground, screaming out loud.

"You will pay...:" hissed a voice from his left.

Rafael caught sight of a flicker of air from the corner of his eye. He immediately turned and flipped missing the sharp tip of the weapon of his attacker by a few inches. In a flash of a second, he took out his sword and dove it straight inside the cave worshipper's body who cried out loud before falling dead on the ground.

"Go untie Norah. I got this...", panted Rafael, blood of the dead mage sprayed on his face.

Zoya nodded her head immediately and fled straight towards where Norah was still tied up. A full blown battle had erupted everywhere around her.

"LUMINOUS...!", shouted someone and a brilliant green lightning bolt came from a distant and hit her straight in her back.

"Ahhhhhhhh....", screamed Zoya as her knees gave away from the pain and she fell down on the ground flat.

'ZOYYYYAAAA!", cried out Norah, "Look up!", she warned.

Zoya looked up only to see a masked man hovering above her with a footlong spear in his hand. He was about to bring it down on her when she heard a splash.

Maurice had swung his sword and cut right through the mage's body in half. The cave worshipper didn't even have the time to scream before his half body fell flat on Zoya.

Zoya trembled and gasped as she shook of the dead man from herself. His lifeless face staring at her. She stood up shaking and saw Maurice was already flinging his sword in full speed slashing through numerous cave worshippers who were attacking him from all four sides.

He met his eyes momentarily and she nodded at her as a secret message of trust passed between them.

Suddenly a masked men came forward and slashed Maurice's right shoulder off leaving a ghastly deep cut. A howl of agony escaped Maurice's lips.