VISITORS AT NIGHT

"Victor are you sure this was the way they went?", asked Raymond.

"Oh Yeah! Ruth saw them leaving from the north east border, late at night.!"

Raymond nodded his head and the two men rode along on their horses. The north eastern route was never the choice of travellers leaving MARKAL, because just along the northeast borders were the great mountain ranges of MAGMA.

MAGMA mountains were one of the steepest and harshest mountain ranges in the whole of AREVIA. It stretched to many miles and were covered with ice capes all throughout the year.

Raymond stopped his horse and looked at the steep road ahead with uncertainty , "ARE YOU SURE , YOU WANNA GO OVER THE MOUNTAIN RANGES ?"

Victor nodded his head, "Yes! Its gonna take more than double the time if we try going around the mountain ranges. We could loose them!"

Raymond remained unconvinced. He was tired from the travelling and his horse had started pushing him off from the last one hour.

"What if they went around the mountains?"

Victor shook his head, "No! I don't think so! They won't waste time. Moreover the girl has magic. David had said, she is a mage !"

"Well David is a fool!", huffed Raymond ,
"I have told him again and again to not to mess around with Marge girls when on duty. But he doesn't listen. A Marge with an inner pool of mage power. That's preposterous", he declared.

Victor just shrugged, "I don't know. But its queen's order to bring her.!"

"Yes yes I know!", grunted an annoyed Raymond and trod forward.

...

"Dad! Norah, i am really cold!", said the young Gomez who was shivering badly . Her flimsy cloak was doing nothing to protect her against the deadly winds of Magma mountains.

"Just a few more miles to go dear. Then we will rest!", said Mr Rubin as he lead the way balancing himself on the trekking pole.

"Do you want me to carry you?", whispered Norah.

Gomez nodded and Norah picked her up. Gomez immediately made herself comfortable in her sister's arms.

Norah sighed, they have been walking for hours in this cold weather, but father hadn't allowed a single break.

"What are you looking for dad?", asked Norah

Mr Rubin turned towards her. "There are a few caves in this mountains that can act as our night shelters."
Norah nodded at him. Doubts had started creeping through her mind . How did father know about the supposed shelters? Nobody roamed in these mountains! They were uninhabitable.

She knew it was useless asking him. He wasn't going to answer . Her dad had been unnaturally quiet throughout the journey.

He was the one who had decided to take the north east route. There were two routes to leave MARKEL: the north eastern route & the southeastern route. They lay along the two great borders; northeast & southeast. Both the northeast & south east routes converged near the entrance of the kingdom of BROMDIGON.

The Southeastern border was actually a coastline, because just beyond it lay the great ETERNAL SEA . The eternal sea laid in between the kingdom of BROMDIGON & MARKEL.They were ports built all along the border and people usually left MARKEL via the sea route.

The north eastern borders were the starting point of Magma mountains. It was a ghastly place! Nobody ventured here. Especially as the kingdom of KRATAR just lay north to the Magma mountains.