Fake Girlfriend

A soft whimpering came from the corridor at night while I was roaming around the halls. I peeked my head around the corner and saw a brunette. Hermione. I thought. I looked behind me again then towards the shadowy figure and walked up to her slowly. "'Mione?" I whisper.

Her body shot violently back at me and the moonlight softly reflected off of her delicate skin where I could see tears and her red, puffy eyes.

"Y-Y/n!" Hermione whispered, her breath taken away as if I were a dementor sucking her soul (or smth else 😶). "Why are you here?" she asked, wiping her fresh tears sliding down her cheeks. "I was going to the owl tower because Flitwick had told me to...then I saw you. Or— heard you I heard you." I say quietly.

I can hear her sniffle before talking, "Right. Sorry." "It's alright." I smiled sadly at her. "What happened to you though?" I asked with concern. "Nothing." she hiccups. I frown, "You're lying." Hermione shakes her head before digging her hands into my shoulder and pulls her body closer to mine. "R-Ron. I saw h-him kissing La-Lavender at the Gryffindor party when he had won the Quidditch cup!" Hermione trailed off and rambled all about.

All I was lost on was that Ron had kissed a girl who was in a relationship. Not to fucking mention LAVENDER'S A LESBIAN! I rub Hermione back soothingly as her breathing become slower and more calmer than before. Her shaking started to cool down and her tears had stopped dropping down onto my pajamas. She had moved her head out of my shoulder, which she was now straddling me.

"Sorry." she apologized again, wiping the access tears off her face. "It's okay." I reassured her softly. I can tell she was getting more comfortable because of her warm smile she greets anyone with. "What now?" she asks. "What?" I say stupidly. "What do I do? I do want him back." I let a dry sigh out, "Maybe make him jealous?" Hermione looks at me with her red stained eyes, "How so?" I look back at her with red cheeks. "Erm— like if you make him jealous by dating someone, he'd want you back." I can see Hermione's thought process between my words and she looks at me.

"May you be my fake girlfriend?" "Come again?" I asked mildly confused. "Help me make Ron jealous." Hermione said more clearly. I shake my head and I can feel my body heat up rapidly. "I can't Hermione, you're my friend! I don't want anything to happen between us!" I argued back. I had my reasons. One; I have a major crush on her. Two; me dating her? I'd gain more feelings and it'd be more awkward. Three; she's using me.

I look at her with a pout on her lips and her eyes were glistening with tears from before. "No!" I say one last time. "Oh, Y/n! Please!" she pleaded. I let a short laugh before sighing right after. "Fine!" I give in. She squeals and hugs me tightly around my neck and I can feel her mutter words upon the skin on my back. I hug her back and look up at the moon. I can tell this was going to be good, and bad.